14. Boys, boys, boys.

I was allowed to go back to my dormitory today, but I'm not to go to classes until tomorrow. I had to have breakfast in the hospital, so when I got back to Gryffindor tower it was deserted. I went upstairs and had a good long shower, then went and finished off the work from yesterday. I finished at about lunch time and wondered if I was allowed to go down to lunch. Then I realised that would mean facing Draco, Fred and George, so I decided to stay here and sleep. I couldn't get to sleep, so I'm writing this. There's only an hour left until dinner. My stomach is grumbling, but I don't want to see anyone. I wish I knew where the kitchens are, I'd sneak down and get some food.

I sigh and put my journal away. I slump back on my pillows. I'm going mad with boredom, but I don't want to see the boys. I know I'll have to eventually, but I'll put it off as long as I can.

I hear footsteps soming up the stairs and know school must be finished. Parvati and Lavendar come in to drop off their bags.

"Feeling better?" Parvati asks.

"Yeah, thanks," I nod. She smiles and they leave to have dinner. I sigh. Hermione comes in shortly afterwards.

"Come on," she says, dropping her bag.

"Huh?"

"Dinner," she says, "come on."

"I'm not hungry," I lie. My stomach growls and I curse it silently.

"I don't want to see the boys," I say in response to Hermione's raised eyebrow.

"You have to eventually," she says, "better now than before classes."

"Why's that?"

"In case you cry," she says, "so you don't have a splotchy face all day."

"Thanks," I huff, "I won't cry."

Hermione shrugs.

"Come on, I'm hungry and I'm not going down until you do."

I sigh and climb out of bed. I pull on my robes over my jeans and shirt and follow Hermione downstairs. I feel sick and nervous. My appetite has well and truly disappeared.

As soon as we step into the hall my eyes flit around and locate the twins sitting down the opposite end of the table.  Draco is sitting at the Slytherin table in between Goyle and Pansy. My stomach contracts, but I'm not going to let it bother me. Well, I'm not going to let anyone see that it bothers me.

I follow Hermione to the end of the table and sit down with Ron and Harry. I eat quickly and tug on Hermione's sleeve.

"Can we go now?" I whisper. She rolls her eyes at me.

"Sure," she sighs, "come on."

We leave Ron and Harry and head up to the dormitory. I breathe a sigh of relief once I'm up the stairs, away from the boys, but then Hermione tells me to get my bag.

"Why?!"

"You have work to catch up on," she says, "come on."

"I can do that here," I say. She grabs my stuff and walks out. I hesitate, considering leaving the work and just going to sleep, but I know I'll regret that when I get more work tomorrow. With a sigh I follow her down.

Since we left dinner early we get the best chairs by the fire. I get stuck into the work, trying to catch up with Hermione, which I know will be impossible, but it gives me a challenge. Every time the portrait hole opens I get a spike of adrenaline. At least Draco can't talk to me in here. The twins probably won't either. I'm not sure why I'm scared of seeing them. I didn't crack their cheekbone.

Eventually, however, I do have to face them.

"Autumn!"

I look up and see them hurrying across to me. They drop into chairs opposite me.

"Hi," I say in a small voice.

"Are you okay?" George asks, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you. I wanted to go and see you yesterday, but I was in detention."

"I'm fine," I say, blushing.

"I really am sorry," George continues, "I felt awful, 'specially when you were so sick. What happened?"

"I don't know," I say, "it just got inflamed."

"Well, I'm sorry," George says again.

"It's fine," I say, "really. It's alright."

George gives me a glowing smile and ruffles my hair.

"Need help with your charms?" he offers.

"Oh, that's okay," I say, "you're not playing Quidditch any more."

"What's that got to do with it?" Fred asks.

"Well, you were helping me because I got the team back," I shrug.

"No, we were helping you because you're like a little sister," George says, "we like helping you out."

"You could help me out by being quiet..." Hermione mutters. We ignore her.

"If you wouldn't mind, I don't know how to do this bit," I say, pushing my parchment towards them.

I love them! They're fantastic. Absolutely brilliant. Now I just have to tackle Draco. Somehow, that seems more do-able, knowing I have two big brothers on my side!