27. Wedding Bells

"Perfect."

Mother dabs at her eyes, smiling. The women clean up and disappear.

"Alright, let's go," Mother says, "I'll fetch Dad."

I pick up the bracelet and slip it onto my wrist. I jump as it clamps around my wrist and the vines start crawling up my arm. They wind around about three quarters of my arm and then stop. Fred and George were right, they all but hide the Dark Mark. While Mother's gone, I slip into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror.

Holy cow.

My skin has a golden glow, and my hair looks... Radiant! I look, well, older. And sort of, a little bit... Beautiful.

"Autumn?"

I walk back out to Mother, wishing she hadn't put me in high heels. Father is with her and he tears up too.

"You're going to flood the place," I tell them, "come on, let's not be late."

The wedding is going to be held at Malfoy Manor. For the day they've lowered their security so I can disapparate right inside. Which I do, nearly breaking an ankle in the mean time.

"Good luck, darling," Mother says, kissing me on the cheek and hurrying off. Dad helps me lower my veil and we walk towards the back entrance. It's open and I can see the aisle.

And all the people.

"I think I'm going to throw up," I tell Father. He offers me his arm.

"Deep breaths," he says, "you'll be fine. But so help me, if that boy hurts you, he won't be."

I choke out a laugh and blink the tears away. From upstairs three of my cousins appear in bright pink dresses. Well, now my bouquet makes sense. They all wish me luck and get into line. Music starts and the first of them heads out. I count the beats, wishing it was all over and done with. The last girl steps forward and I grab Father's arm, trying not to hyperventilate. Six counts later we step forward.

As soon as we step outside I look to Draco, ignoring everyone else. He smiles and, to my surprise, wipes his eyes. I try to smile, but I think I look like I'm grimacing. I just keep my eyes on him. Eventually we reach the altar and Father hands me over. I hand my bouquet to a bridesmaid, take Draco's hands and we stand close together.

The priest stands in front of us, welcomes everyone and starts to talk about what makes a good marriage. I'm just thinking how it looks like we'll be here all day when he says honesty. I look up at Draco who smiles at me.

He doesn't know about my family. He tells me everything and I'm keeping the most important thing from him. I'm racked guilt. I have to tell him before we do this. But how? Yell 'STOP THE WEDDING'? No. Maybe I can be subtle.

"Draco," I whisper. He raises his eyebrows and glances at the crowd. None of them seem to have noticed.

"I need to tell you something," I whisper.

"What?"

"I know who my family are."

He looks surprised and leans forward slightly. I can feel tears in my eyes.

"Don't cry," he breathes, squeezing my hands.

"The Potters," I sniff, "I'm Harry Potter's sister."

He leans back, looking shocked. A tear escapes and rolls down my cheek. Draco looks like he's about to yell 'STOP THE WEDDING'.

Instead he reaches under my veil and brushes the tear away.

"Autumn, I told you, I don't care who your family are," he whispers, "I love you, no matter what."