Chapter 12

No one wanted to come see her as she was again sentenced to the bed at headquarters. After the incident, she feared for herself even more, especially since Levi, Erwin, and Eren were in the room, arguing with one another.

"If she goes on trial, she won't go through what I did, will she?" Eren's eyes shot at the Corporal and he grimaced. 

Eren went on trial? Oh right, he's a shifter as well. What sort of things did he go through? Katrina started shaking and pulled the covers over her head. The talking stopped and she curled into a ball, dreading the silence.

"Katrina." Now it was Erwin, and she flinched. At least he was talking to her, but she didn't want to know what he was thinking. "Did you know?"

Tears fell from her eyes and she gripped the sheet. "No." She said quietly, choosing to say as little as possible. 

Next was Levi that spoke, and her eyes widened. "We have to take her to the capital. If something goes wrong I'm sure we can think of another plan to get her out. As much as I think we'd all like to keep it a secret, too many people saw."

Erwin and Eren started to yell, but she couldn't listen anymore. From what Erwin has told her, going against the court wasn't possible. So if something did happen, it would be all over and she could be killed. Yet if it was supposed to happen, then she must go along with it. "I'll go." She spoke up, startling the three. Sitting up, she looked down. "I'll go to the capital." 

"No, Katrina. You don't have to do this, it'll be fine." Erwin sat on the edge of her bed, taking her hands. He squeezed them, gazing at her with his blue eyes to the point she almost started crying. "Please, don't go to the capital, I beg of you."

Katrina reached out and touched his cheek, taking deep breaths to hold back the tears. "I have to." She looked to Levi now. "If that's what I have to do, then I will. I got this far, who says I can't go even farther?" She placed her right fist over her heart, smiling sadly at them. 

------------

The courtroom was full of people that either looked familiar or didn't. Eren, Mikasa, Levi and Erwin where there, but away from her. Soldiers led her into the room, afraid to touch her but they must have felt secure with the metal cuffs linking her hands behind her back. She panicked when they pushed her to her knees and hooked her to a post.

"What is your name?" 

The room grew quiet and her eyes moved to the man in front. "Katrina Reich."

He nodded and looked her over for a moment. He looked around the room and sighed. "So we have another person who can change into a titan. Did you know before hand that you could?"

Katrina shook her head. "No, sir. I'm not even sure how it happened."

"Liar! You could have been conspiring against humanity!" Pastor Nick cried out, but others pulled him away. 

Fear hit her and she looked back to the man in front. He wouldn't stop looking at her, just this poker face expression stuck there. "Are you the one who caused the death of all four members of Corporal Levi's squad?"

Katrina felt numb and she froze, eyes widening. "F-Four? All four...?"

"Does that mean you confirm that you killed them? Gunther Shulz, Erd Gin, Petra Ral, and Auruo Bossard?"

"No!" She screamed, panicking and shaking her head. Her eyes went to Erwin and Levi, who looked just as on edge as her friends. "I didn't kill them."

What was going on, why was this happening? "She didn't kill them!" Eren yelled, leaning over the rail. "She didn't do anything wrong! Why are we even holding a trial?!" Mikasa was pulling him back, but he just glared at them.