Chapter 11

A/N: Follows part of the original story, but at the cut off is where it'll be different, sorry. It's scary how well the plot just goes back together with what happened in the newest chapter, I swear I wasn't aiming for that. If you hadn't read it, don't worry, this isn't spoiling.

---------------

Something was wrong. She could feel it lying in the pit of her stomach. Sitting up, she bit her lip, debating whether to leave or stay. Erwin did ask her to stay, but when did she ever listen? It would be unreasonable for her to listen now when she didn't earlier.

Standing and also stumbling around, Katrina made her way to the door. The hallway was empty, and she hurried down to the room where they kept the maneuver gear.

Why did she let him go without her? They all could be in trouble. After fixing her gear, she headed for the stables, taking on of the remaining horses. There weren't many. Snapping the reins, the horse took off, to where ever she could go to find them. She went into the forest, hoping maybe they weren't too far ahead of her, though she knew that possibility was small. 

There was a sudden crack echoing in the air and a strike of lightning hit the ground. The noise startled her and she fell off her horse, but hurried to get back off the ground, using her gear to grapple into the trees. "What the hell was that!?" She screamed mostly at herself and kept going. 

As she got closer, she noticed Eren up ahead, his back to her. He started screaming, and she saw why. A titan was against the tree, and Erd fell from it's mouth. Her eyes widened, but her throat tightened. It stood, and charged at Petra, stomping it's foot against a tree, she with it. She was crying now, using way more of her gas than she should. Auruo was next, hitting the neck, but was kicked away.

She gave a mournful scream, wanting to give up, but also wanting to avenge them. Katrina was engulfed in smoke and her vision turned black, 

------------

There was a shrill scream and everyone froze as they were leaving. Erwin turned, narrowing his eyes.

"I've never heard that before. What the hell is it?" Hanji called up from the ground, and waved at him.

Levi looked at the Commander, waiting. "That didn't sound like Eren. And it was way off from the Female titan." 

Mike stepped next to them, resting a hand on his hip. "What if there's another one?" The two turned to him, and he shrugged. "It's likely the Female titan isn't alone."

Erwin nodded, making sure his voice reached the ones around him. "I want you to round up everyone, bring them here. We need to come up with a new strategy; we don't know what could possibly happen. Go now, we need to get there immediately. Armin Arlert is in charge of the plans, listen to what he has to say."

"Erwin, are you sure that's a good idea?" Levi followed him as he jumped to the ground and began walking away. "Leaving it all up to them?"

He stopped and looked at him. "Yes, now come with me." He motioned his hand and two other soldiers ran over to them. "We should go see." They all saluted and grappled into the trees, heading towards the source of the sound. 

If there was another titan just like the one they encountered, Erwin would have a hard time trusting anyone. They had to be in the walls and have knowledge about their plans to come out here. His nose twitched in anger and moved faster, dodging trees and branches. Although he hoped there wasn't another titan, but it was destroyed when two titans came into view.

"That's the Female titan!" One of the men shouted. He was right. On top of it was another Female type titan, with shaggy brown hair. Just like blonde, it had the same figure without the skin. 

Erwin stopped and waited, wanting to see what would happen next. The brunette was pushed back and there he saw Eren, eyes widened and in shook. "Eren, what are you doing?" He growled to himself.

"Eren?" Levi asked, looking to where the Commanders eyes were aimed at. 

The blonde reached out to grab him, but the other kicked her away, snatching the boy quickly. They all tensed, waiting to see what would happen. Eren shoved his blade into the titan's hand, who gave him a look and held out her hand. Erwin blinked, and when Eren wouldn't move, it lightly pushed him off it's hand.

"What the hell?" The second soldier spoke now, and Eren saw them, hurrying over.

The blonde looked genuinely confused, and that gave Erwin the answer he needed to know that they weren't on the same side. The fight continued, and each got a couple of punches in, while the brunette gave the other a gash in it's arm. 

The first soldier looked to Erwin, growing impatient. "What are we doing? Why don't we hurry and take them down?"

"If you want to die, go ahead." Levi said suddenly, seeming to catch on as well. "Eren, where is everyone else?" Eren stopped, his eyes widening and watering suddenly. "Did you see who transformed into that other titan?"

He shook his head, looking at them. "I just heard a scream, and there it was, in front of me. It was after..." He stopped, obviously not wanting to go on. 

Another scream caught their attention as the brunette had the blonde against a broken tree, sharped splints of the wood shoved into it's back. The blonde was clawing at it's captures throat, finding any means to escape.

"Eren!" Mikasa dropped down beside them, stopping in front of the boy. 

"Commander! Look!" Erwin turned quickly, but only to see a the brunette on the ground, and the other seriously injured, running away. "Is it dead?"

Eren ran towards, ignoring the calls of the others. Erwin went off after him, curious as well. "What if there's someone in there?!" Just as he was about to plunge his sword into it's neck recklessly, it burst open and the body started to burn away. 

"Erwin, if they are still alive, do we take them to the capital?" Levi questioned. 

Erwin watched the dissolving titan, waiting for it to reveal. "We have to. If there's another shifter like Eren, it's going to cause a lot of commotion."

A body rolled off next to the smoking body, holding herself on her hands and knees, panting. Everyone of them held their breath, and Erwin felt all the air leave his lungs. She looked up, her expression full of depression and exhaustion.

"Katrina?" 

She gave a slight smile and proceeded to fall to the ground, becoming still.