Chapter 13

Levi was the only who was able to visit Katrina. Erwin was stuck all day arguing with people. At least the Corporal came back to tell him what was going on. "I heard her screaming, is she alright?"

"She's fine. They have her chained up and it looks as though she hasn't been eating." Levi sat down, crossing on leg over the other.

Erwin ran his hands through his hair, worried. "I'm not going to let this go. They can't do this to her." He sighed and looked up. "Anything else?"

Levi was silent for a moment, staring off somewhere else. "She is miserable."

"This is all your fault!" The Commander yelled suddenly, standing and slamming his fists into the table. "If I would have known you would drag her out there, I would have never agreed to let her escort you guys! You've caused me so much trouble, I can't even begin to say. She used to be so cheerful and nothing got her down. Now she's screaming and locked up!" 

The Corporal stood as well put his hands on his hips, eyes like daggers aimed at him. "You can't blame this on me. She was only like that because she didn't know what was happening around here. That everyday people died."

"And I wanted it that way!" He stomped up to him, wanting to throw all his anger at him. "I wanted to protect her from all that!" Katrina was damaged now and he could see it. She was scared and it was possibly hell for her. If only he could have stopped it all. 

Katrina had been eaten and attacked. Now she was a shifter as well, and it wasn't going according to their plan. She must really hate him. He was going to keep fighting until he got them to understand and let her come back. He couldn't sleep anymore, and food just tasted bitter to his tongue. He raked his fingers through his hair, trying to calm down.

The door was pushed open, and Eren rushed into the room, panting. All negative thoughts flooded his mind, panic settling in. "You need to come with me, now." The boy left quickly and the two hurried out of door, following him to the staircase leading to the basement.

"Where are you taking us? I've been trying to go down there for a while now, but they wont allow it." Erwin grumbled, stopping. Yet, there were no soldiers guarding the area. 

Eren waved at him impatiently when he reached the bottom. "Just come down, it's fine." His whole attitude changed remarkably and he sauntered down the hall.

The Commander was weary as he made his way down the steps behind the Corporal, their boots causing sounds to echo in the silence. Ahead, he noticed Hanji standing in front of a cell, to which he pushed pass the others, wanting to see who she could possibly as been staring at.

--------------

Another nightmare. Of course, that's all it was. But she hadn't had one for a while, at least, not that she could remember. What was going to happen? Everything was too dark for her to understand the situation she was in. She couldn't move, but whatever was restraining her, she wasn't sure what it was. 

Moaning and panting filled her ears, and she blinked. What? Suddenly, she was standing up right, and wind rushed pass her. Pain filled noises rose in the darkness, and she looked around her.

Who was that? Were they in trouble? There was a sudden gasp and more intense panting. Cries and tormenting sounds grew louder and she made her way to it. "P-Please.." A voice finally spoke between shattered breathing. "St-op, ple-uh-ase." 

Katrina covered her ears as a muffled scream hit her, causing her to run. What was happening? She found a single door and stopped in front of it. It seemed to be the source of the cries, and she pushed the doors open. But to her horror, she wished immediately that she hadn't gone into the room.