Uncovered

I stood to the left of the throne where Lexa was seated as a number of guards escorted the small group of Skaikru into the room. I clasped my hands in front of my body as I ignored the inquisitive gazes that fell on me, a few of them looking rather irritated after having been held in the cells but it had not been for long.

'Leave us,' Lexa commanded, the four guards present bowing their heads before departing as instructed. The double doors were pulled shut behind them, leaving us without an audience. Lexa remained seated on the throne as I descended the few steps down to where my mom was stood with the others.

'Clarke, you look...' she paused for a moment, as if trying to find the right word and I braced myself for whatever insult she was going to throw at me. 'You look good.'

Her comment threw me off guard and I remained silent as she pulled me in for a quick hug, pleased to see me after weeks apart.

'Back at camp you weren't yourself, I was worried about you Clarke,' she told me, releasing her grip to step back and take a good look at me.

'Yes, well, there's no need to dwell on that now,' I quickly interjected, aware that Lexa could hear everything that was being said and had not yet heard of my fragile state after the capture. 'We have more important matters to discuss.'

I took a few steps back as Lexa rose from the throne and came to stand beside me so that we could address all of them together. Bellamy was looking far from pleased at his situation and I could already imagine the complaints he was about to fire at us.

'Yes, like how the Commander had us locked up in a cell for hours when we came to the city in peace,' he said darkly, and I internally sighed at how over dramatic he was being.

'I can imagine how peaceful it came across with your weapons drawn,' I countered, 'and you have been in the cells for less than an hour Bellamy, Lexa had some other important business to attend to.'

The small group stared at me in silence for a moment, some surprised that I was openly backing the Commander over the matter of their treatment. It was a waste of time even going over this, it was done now and thankfully my mother seemed to understand that it was a pointless discussion.

'I'm sure that it was the right decision Clarke but the reason we are here is your message that an army is marching on our camp,' she said before Bellamy had a chance to retaliate. I glanced sideways at Lexa as I briefly wondered how much to tell them of the situation, receiving a small nod that I could tell them as much as I liked.

'Some of the clans feel that Skaikru is a threat now that the mountain has been destroyed, after some negotiation it was agreed that a show of power would be the best way to deter any future rebellion,' I explained, 'but there will be no attack and we are dealing with it as best we can.'

Frowns soon formed on their faces and even I heard how ridiculous the idea sounded. It seemed like we were setting them up for an attack.

'So you send a messenger to tell us to sit tight, that it'll all be fine and to trust that you know what you're doing?' Bellamy said disbelievingly, shaking his head at the idea.

'There are more factors at play but Clarke and I are dealing with them, it was the best we could do in a bad situation,' Lexa carried on for me, neither of us wanting to go into detail about the Ice Queen's plans of massing an attack of 12 clans on the camp, it would only build more fear and opposition.

'How did you get here anyway?' I asked them, wondering if it had been Lincoln or Indra that had told them the location of Polis.

'Lincoln told us how to get here and to use the secret tunnels to gain access, he was helping Indra in TonDc so was unable to come with us,' Octavia told me, 'what's going to happen now?'