Truth

'So what is it you want to talk about?' I asked, crossing my arms over my chest as I regarded the two of them.

My mom didn't reply at first, her eyes flicking over the armour that I had worn for training and the sword strapped to my back before meeting my gaze, her dissaproval clear.

'Uh, it's good to see you Clarke' Bellamy said, breaking the tense silence and capturing my attention. He had a small smile on his face and in all truth it was good to see him to.

'Yeah, it's been a while' I replied, resisting the urge to go and pull him into a hug, there would be time for that later once I had found out what they were here for.

'I came here to see you, Abby on the other hand...' he said when he saw that I was waiting for an explanation.

'The Council sent me to negotiate your return but that is not why I came. I am here for you Clarke, because you are my daughter.' she told me, though I scoffed at her words.

'Bit late for that now, you didn't seem to bothered when I was locked up in a cell' I retorted, not intending to let her off easily.

She winced slightly at the accusation but didn't bother to defend herself, not wanting to start an argument.

'The council sent us here because they have a proposition for you. They will allow you back to camp temporarily to discuss the matter of your return' she told me, changing the topic to avoid what would've been a long and messy argument.

I felt a rush of excitement at the thought of returning to the Ark, but soon pushed it down, there was no way the council was just going to let me walk out of camp when they had me right where they wanted.

'Clarke, they are willing to be flexible with this, it could mean you coming back home for good' she told me, seeing the gears working in my head as I contemplated the offer.

'No' I stated, watching the hopeful smile fall from my moms face, replaced by a frown.

'What do you mean no? The council are being unusually generous with this offer, you should take it while you still can' she urged, desperately trying to change my mind.

'If that's all you came here to say then you've wasted your time, my answer is no' I replied, crossing my arms infront of me, showing no sign of being swayed by her arguments.

'Clarke, I really think you should consider it, this could be a chance for you to come back home with your friends and family' Bellamy spoke up, his tone calm as he attempted to persuade me.

'I'm sorry but my answer will not change, the only way in which I could return is if the Council recognize my innocence and clear my name, until then I will be staying here' I told the two of them, staring each of them down so they would see that my decision was final.

'You can't stay here forever Clarke, this isn't your home. Look what they're turning you into, I fear if I leave you here any longer I won't recognize you when I return' my mom said, gesturing at my appearance.

I laughed humorlessly at her words, I was surprised that it had taken her this long to lecture me on how awful the Grounders were.

'I don't want you to forget who you are Clarke, the Grounders are dangerous and no matter what Lexa says they can't be trusted' she continued, changing tactics in hope of changing my mind.

'What is your problem with Lexa? For someone who dislikes Grounders so much you sure talk about them a lot. All I can say is that at least Lexa believed I was innocent, which is more than I can say for you' I hissed angrily, annoyed by her constant attacks at the Grounders.