In Which We Watch

{Cas's POV}

After I left the library, I ran into Dean. Literally. I literally collided with my... boyfriend? Yes. I think boyfriend was the word Dean used before.

I grabbed onto his arms to steady myself.

"Whoa, where are you going in such a hurry?" Dean questioned with a grin.

I blinked. "Nowhere."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah."

He stared at me for a moment, but didn't pursue a different answer; rather, he asked another question. "Do you want to go do something?"

I thought about what happened a few days ago and shuddered. "No. I'm kind of tired. Can we just watch a movie or something?"

Dean agreed, so he turned on a film that was released recently. I wasn't paying enough attention to comprehend what the title was, though. Or what the movie was about either.

Instead, I watched Dean for two hours. Creepy? Yes. But I needed to keep an eye on him. I needed to reassure myself that Dean was alright and that I was worrying for nothing.

I wasn't too convinced.

Throughout the duration of the film, the raised red skin pulsed with a dull light. It was the type of thing that could have easily been missed or explained away as the television shining on Dean's arm, but I knew the truth.

Dean was getting worse. This wasn't an emotional outburst, though; this was a normal happenstance that shouldn't have any effect on anyone. So, why was the Mark throbbing?

As I stared blankly at the screen, I thought about what could be happening to my boyfriend.

The Mark must be getting stronger and taking control over him. At least, I thought it was trying to. The other day at the mall showed that it was powerful enough to make Dean furious. Perhaps the weird glowing was a sign that the Mark was gaining the energy to control Dean again; maybe it was just a warning that bigger things were about to unfold.

"Cas?"

I looked over at Dean. This was the moment that I realized that the lights were on again and the television was off.

"Yes?"

Dean frowned, his eyebrows furrowing in a way that was very cute. "You were staring at the credits for five minutes and haven't looked away since I turned off the movie. Are you alright?"

I didn't want to worry him for a reason that I was sure wouldn't prove to be correct, so I just smiled. "Of course. I just got lost in my thoughts. That's all."

Dean didn't look like he believed me, yet he didn't argue about it. For that, I was thankful. He finally sighed in defeat. "Alright, then. Are you hungry? I'll make us some dinner."

"That would be great. Thank you."

He stood and left in the direction of the kitchen. At first, I didn't follow him. I needed to clear my head, but I wouldn't be able to do that now. So, I headed toward where Dean disappeared.

~~~

After Dean finished cooking and we, along with Sam, ate our meal, I decided to wander around for a while. I didn't have a place in mind that I wanted or needed to go; I just walked. As I did this, I thought about all the things that had happened. Not even recently, just things that had happened in our lives.

Eventually, I made my way to a set of doors that I recognized as the garage. I pushed them open and stepped inside. Once again, I just paced in nonsensical shapes to let my body move. On one of my paths around the room, I noticed something in the corner.

It was a bright red motorcycle.

To anyone else, it was just another motorcycle; but I recognized it. Even after all those years, I recognized Gabe's old motorcycle that he kept in our garage. I slowly made my way to it, as if it would disappear if I stepped too quickly.

I had to make sure it was really my brother's.

Sure enough, there was the scratch from Gabe's first time riding the bike and the dent from the night that I stole it to sneak off with Dean. And if I had any doubts about that being his, there were three helmets sitting on a shelf next to the motorcycle. The first was the same shade as the vehicle, the second was green, and the third was blue. On the bask of each one was a name: Gabriel, Anna, and Castiel.

I picked up my blue helmet, wondering how everything got here. Maybe I could ask someone. I didn't really know who I would ask though. Knowing that was a question for a later day, I pulled on the headgear. Miraculously, it still fit me.

I opened the door to the garage and climbed onto the motorcycle to finally get some air. With a deep breath, I drove off.