In Which Cas Discovers Marvel

{Dean's POV}

When I rolled over the next morning, Cas was still snoring softly beside me. I slipped out of bed, not even bothering to put on a shirt or shoes, and walked down the hallway.

As I neared the kitchen, I could smell waffles and hear bacon sizzling. I grinned, Sam was cooking.

"Morning, Dean," he chirped without even turning around. "How's Cas?"

I sat down at the table. "He's still asleep. But I think he's doing better. How many waffles did you make?"

"Six. And two packs of bacon." He glanced back at me. "Is that enough?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Sam. That's great. I should go wake up Cas."

"Mm," he hummed, obviously not paying much attention anymore.

Cas had rolled over so he was facing the doorway when I walked in my room. I kneeled down in front of my bed and rubbed his shoulder.

"Angel, wake up. Breakfast is ready."

He groaned and rolled over. I laughed and sat on the bed. "Cas." I shook his shoulder this time. "Cas. Wake up."

Cas fell onto his back, a slow smile stretching across his face. His face was surrounded by a halo of raven hair. After a second, his blue eyes appeared.

"Do I smell bacon?"

I laughed and nodded. "Come on. Let's go get breakfast."

"I don't want to get up," he whined.

"Fine. Don't." I stood and scooped him up, being gentle of his stitches. He chuckled and leaned into my chest.

"This is more like it."

~~~

Later in the day, I walked down into the lower levels of the bunker. I had a pain go through the Mark and my head started to thump. So I needed to get away. From everything.

I wandered down to the garage and sat in Baby, cranking up the radio. Carry On Wayward Son filled my speakers and I closed my eyes, soaking in the music.

"I thought I'd find you here."

I jumped and switched off the song.

"Cas," I sighed. "What are you doing?"

"I could ask you the same thing. Dean, are you okay?"

I rubbed my inner forearm and I could see Cas tense up. "Is it the Mark?" he whispered.

I nodded. "It's nothing though. No big deal."

"But if it does become a big deal, you'll tell me, right?"

"Of course." I swung open the door and stepped out of the Impala. "Let's watch a movie."

"What? Now?"

"Yeah. Let's go curl up on the couch and watch any movie you want."

He smiled brighter than I've seen in a long time.

So, we sat down in front of the television, Cas scrolling through the lists of movies on Netflix.

"What about this one?"

"Captain America?" I questioned, honestly surprized by his choice.

"Yeah. He just reminds me of you for some reason."

I shrugged, not sure how I compared to the super soldier. But alright. "Turn it on then."

He pressed a few buttons and slid under my arm, tucking himself into my side. Cas layed his head on my shoulder as the comics began to flip in the first minutes of the film. I kissed the top of his head and leaned back.

~~~

Cas picked a good movie. We laughed and cried. Well, I teared up, Cas cried. First with Bucky, then with the crash at the end.

When the credits started to roll, I flicked on the lights and saw that Cas was crying again.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"Steve fell just like me. He fell without getting to say goodbye to Peggy or anyone else that he loved. He never got to tell them he loved them one last time. He lost Bucky and Peggy and woke up to a completely different world. What if that would've happened to me? What if you weren't there when I fell and I didn't wake up for years? That could've easily happened. What if I didn't get a chance to tell you that I loved you one last time? And we didn't ever see each other again? Dean, what would I do without you?"

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and sobbed. I hugged him back and pressed my lips to his forehead. "Listen to me. You are stronger than you give yourself credit. You don't need me. If you would've fell anywhere else, at any other time, you would have been fine. Better than fine. You could've adjusted great if you woke up to a different century. If Captain America can do it, you can. But don't worry about any of that. We're together, that's all that matters. I love you, Castiel. So much. And if you're worried that you'll never hear that again, don't be. Because as long as you stay with me, you'll be showered in love." I kissed his hand. "I love you." His shoulder. "I love you." His collarbone. "I love you." His jaw. "I love you." Then, his lips. "I. Love. You."

Cas pulled me down beside him so we were both laying on the couch. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head into the crook of my neck. "I love you too, Dean."