In Which I Just Want To Help

{Cas's POV}

We stepped inside the bunker, but everything seemed off. No one had spoken a single word the entire drive home, and we continued in the forced silence as we glided around like ghosts. I made my way to the kitchen, while Sam went to the library, and Dean left down the hallway leading towards our room.

After I finished making our burgers, one of the few meals I could make. I retrieved Sam first since he was closer, then went to get my boyfriend.

"Dean," I said, lightly knocking on the door. I attempted to push it open, but it was locked. "Dean! Lunch is ready!" I tried the doorknob again. "Dean?"

He didn't answer.

"Dean? Are you okay?" He was starting to worry me. "Dean!"

When he still didn't open the door, I went after Sam. I stayed on the other end of the hall as he tried to talk to his brother. I couldn't imagine what was going on in Dean's head right now. First, he lashed out at me; then, he ran away; now he was locked inside our room. Something obviously happened, but I didn't know what.

I only hoped that Sam could get through to Dean.

~~~

In the end, Sam couldn't get Dean to come out or even respond to him. We spent the rest of the week trying to coax Dean out of the room. I don't know when he ate; but at some point throughout the day, he always took the food we laid out into our room.

After what felt like an eternity of this monotonous routine, I leaned against the locked door. "Dean? Please listen. I don't know what is going on with you, but I can't help if you don't tell me. I still love you, no matter what has happened in the past couple weeks. I just want to help; Sam just wants to help. Please talk to us. Let us help you." I touched my hand to the door, imagining that Dean was doing the same. "I love you," I whispered, getting up and leaving to talk to Sam.