In Which We Start Anew

{Cas's POV}

I sat shirtless in the bathroom off the side of Dean's room. I was bent over and clutched the towel in my hands for support. A sharp pain went through my back.

"Ouch, Dean," I winced.

"Sorry," he mumbled. "We're almost done, hang in there."

I bit my lip as he stuck the needle back into my skin. After a few more agonizing minutes, Dean put the needle down. He then proceeded to wash the blood off my back as I stared miserably at the tiny black feather that used to be part of my wings.

"Alright, Cas," Dean said, interrupting the silence and laying down his towel.

I stood up and looked at my back in the mirror. Two red lines were engrave into my skin, the only thing keeping them together was the thread Dean just stitched me up with.

Dean walked behind me and laid his hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Cas. This is all my fault. If you weren't zapping back and forth to see me-"

"Dean," I stopped him. "Don't worry about it. I've fallen before, I just have some adjusting to do. And I've got you to help this time. Right?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't you?" he asked, rubbing my shoulders.

I looked down, not wanting to meet his eyes. "Well, the last time I was human, you kicked me out. I just hoped you wouldn't do it again."

"Cas, that was only because of Zeke- I mean, Gadreel. I will never do anything like that again." He walked in front of me and kissed me. "I love you, Angel."

I stared into his bright green eyes, questioningly. "Dean, I'm not an angel anymore. I'm just a human."

Dean smiled. "But you'll always be my angel. No matter what."

Man, it's been too long, but the break really helped me. Sorry the chapter is short, but it's just a quick introduction. I'm hoping that the chapters will be longer and better than the past two stories, but who knows what will happen. Unlike Just A Bit Closer, I will be updating on Mondays. Thank you all for sticking with me through my little hiatus. Once again, I love each and every one of you.

~A. Cumberbatch

P.S. Match Made In Heaven is at 3.12 K reads and Just A Bit Closer is at 1.54 K. When did that happen? You guys are literally the best.