Chapter Twenty-One

Ariana's POV

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t little miss 22. What on earth are you doing up here, and all alone at that?” His voice sent shivers through my spine as I thought back on what transpired between us a few days ago.

“Just leave me alone Kane.” I said finally finding the courage to turn around and face him; the moment I saw his face the face of his wolf flashed in my mind. The thought that he was seconds away from taking my life without thinking twice about it had my whole body shaking in anticipation of what would happen next. I watched as his eyes traveled down to my leg and a grin crossed his lips when he seen that the shock cuff was still in place on my ankle.

“What’s the matter 22 no smart ass remarks for me today? Did I break your spirit like I broke your arm?” He asked looking down at the sling.

“It was my collar bone you jack ass.” I replied finally getting my bearings back; sure he scared the living crap out of me right now seeing that I was basically defenseless but I didn’t want to show him that.

“I guess I should make sure that I make it the arm next time then.” He replied his sadistic grin making me almost sick to my stomach.

“I don’t have time for your bull shit right now.” I said as I tried to walk past him; he grabbed onto my bad arm pulling me back towards him as I let out a cry of pain.

“I’m not done with you yet.” He whispered into my ear.

          The next few moments seemed to happen in slow motion; he let go of my arm and raised his hand as if he was about to slap me across the face when all of a sudden his body went flying backwards and crashed into a couch breaking it in two. Gabriel now stood in front of me his whole body trembling with anger as he growled at Kane as he got back to his feet. Gabe’s arm reached behind him until he touched my side assuring him that I was still behind him; he glanced back and quickly scanned my body like he was looking for injuries.

“Go to the room Ari.” He told me trying to soften his voice that was full of anger.

“What the hell Gabe, why are you protecting that little mutt?” Kane asked once he was back on his feet; Gabe replied with a low warning growl while I froze mid step. I know I should have left but for some reason I couldn’t leave Gabe; I felt a strong need to stay by his side.

“You call her that again and I will rip your throat out.” Gabe growled back at him before giving me a look telling me to get moving; my feet stayed planted a few feet behind and to the left of him, I wasn’t going to leave him and neither was my wolf.

“Oh come on Gabe don’t tell me that you got yourself whipped on a little junkie like her.” Kane replied with a laugh.

          In seconds Gabe was in front of him landing a right hock to his jaw and knocked him to the ground; Gabe dropped to his knees landing a few more punches to Kane before Kane’s body started to shake and moments later he was a wolf. It was like seeing my fight all over again but this time at least Gabe had the option to phase too and once he did the fight was even again. It was like a big ball of fur flying through the living room breaking tables, couches, chairs, anything that got in the way of the fight. It was hard to tell who even had the upper hand as they both moved so quickly but soon the fighting stopped as Gabe’s wolf was positioned on top of Kane’s with his teeth firmly placed on his throat. Kane’s wolf went limp and started to whimper showing that he was surrendering but from the look in Gabe’s eyes he wasn’t going to let him; he was going to kill him. As much as I really wouldn’t mind never having to deal with Kane ever again I didn’t want his death on Gabe’s hands; even though he had every right to take his life right now I didn’t want him to have to live with it for the rest of his.