Chapter Fourteen

Ariana’s POV

          I opened my eyes only to be blinded by a bright light; I blinked them a few times opening them slowly so that they had time to adjust. Most of my body felt numb except for the tingling feeling on my right side; what the hell had happened to me? I closed my eyes again as the memories from the fight earlier replayed in my head; I thought for sure once everything went black that I had died; guess I couldn’t have gotten that lucky. I opened my eyes again to take in my surrounds; the room I was in didn’t seem familiar at all, the only thing I recognized was a strong scent of the last person I wanted to smell when I woke up from a near death experience, Gabriel.

          I moved my head to the side where my body was tingling and if my throat wasn’t so dry I would have let out a scream when I was met by two big grey-blue eyes surrounded in fur, instead of a scream it came out more like a groan and I quickly turned my head back to face the opposite direction.

‘What was he doing here, and why was he in wolf form in the same bed as me?’

          My anger level instantly began to rise and never in my life had I wished that I could just get up and run away more than in this moment. I attempted to pull away from him and quickly discovered that it was a bad idea as pain shot through every inch of my body causing me to cry out in pain. The big black wolf next to me let out a growl and hovered over my body in a protective stance at the sound.

‘What the hell did he think that he was doing? Why was he even here in the first place; where the hell am I anyways?’

          Gabriel’s wolf seemed to calm back down noticing that there was no threat in the immediate area and came down to rub his muzzle across my face; I reached up with my right arm to slap him away, I intended it to be a hard slap but being as weak as I was at the moment it ended up being more like a pet. It seemed like he got the point either way when he let out a whine and moved to lie on the far side of the bed with only his front paw resting lightly on my leg.

          My throat was dry and I desperately wanted some water but the only other person, or right now wolf, in the room with me was Gabriel and I wasn’t about to speak to him let alone ask him for anything. I took some time to look over my body and found that my left arm and shoulder were wrapped and in a sling across my chest, I couldn’t see my right side but I could still feel where the deep gashes were from Kane’s claws; part of my vision in my left eye was obstructed telling me that it was no doubt swollen and black and blue. I was actually glad that I didn’t have a mirror handy because I would hate to see what I looked like right now; my attention moved from my body to the door when I heard shouting coming from the other side and recognized the voice instantly.

“I don’t care what he said I’m going in there.” Anna shouted at someone.

“He said no visitors, you can’t go in.” A man shouted back at her.

“Move out of my way I will move you myself!” She growled back at him; I couldn’t help the smile that crossed my face, man she sounded pissed and I would hate to be that guy right now.

“Alpha’s order…” The man started to say before there was a loud crash in the hallway and sounds of a struggle.

          Gabriel’s wolf growled loudly as he once again came to stand in a defensive position over my body; he crouched down low and his soft fur rubbed against the bare skin on my arm. The door flung open to revel a rather pissed off looking Anna who was smoothing out her hair from the struggle that just occurred in the hallway minutes ago. Gabriel growled again and leaned back ready to pounce on her; not wanting to risk my friend getting hurt I moved my hand up to lightly stroke the fur on his belly to get his attention. His head whipped around to look at me before he backed up and went to lay by my other side allowing Anna to sit on the bed next to me.