Chapter Twenty-Two

**A/N - I have decided to just finish posting the rest of this story since there is not much left of it and I will be busy editing some of my other stories. I hope you all enjoy the last chapters and I hope I don't disappoint anyone too much with the ending. Enjoy!**

Gabriel’s POV

          Once I knew that Ari was in a deep sleep I slowly got up and carried her to the bedroom; she only stirred once in my arms before hugging herself closer to me. As I laid her down in bed crawling in next to her I let my mind replay the events of the day. Even though I still haven’t got her to say that she will stay I feel like we made a lot of progress; at least now I have a glimmer of hope that she will stay and be mine forever.

          After she told me that she was leaving on the beach I didn’t even know how to respond; my first instinct was to get angry but I knew that wouldn’t help with the situation. Not knowing what to say or do I just went to sit on the beach by myself to try and cool off and get my thoughts sorted out; she had left to go back up to the house and as much as I didn’t like being apart from her I needed the time alone think. There were plenty of times when I had to stop myself from running back up to the house and begging her to just give me another chance, begging her to stay with me; I knew that she needed space just as much as I did and it wasn’t going to help if I followed her around like a lost puppy all the time.

          I had plans to give her the whole night to herself, I wasn’t going to go to her again until she asked me to; those plans changed though when I felt a shape pain in my shoulder, I knew right away that something was wrong. When I walked in to see Kane about to hit her all I saw was red; if it wasn’t for me wanting to make sure she was alright first I would have ripped his heart out right then and there on the living room floor. After pushing him away and checking to make sure that she was ok my focus went back to Kane; I’m still confused on why she didn’t just let me kill him, if I were her I would want him dead for the things he did to me.

          I know that I would have killed him if it wasn’t for her; I had planned to kill him from the moment I seen what he did to her that day. The only thing that had stopped me before today is that I didn’t want to leave her side long enough to find him and do it; and today the only thing that saved his life was her asking me not to finish the job. He was lucky to say the least that he still had a beating heart in his chest, but if for some stupid reason he didn’t follow my commands and leave the island the next time I saw him would be the last. How could he have done what he did to her and feel no remorse at all for it? Hell if I didn’t come in when I did who knows what he would have done to her again; my body shock just thinking about it and I pulled Ari closer to me to help calm me down.

          What really kept replaying in my mind though is the moments with Ari after the fight; the moments that transpired once we got back to my room. The one kiss that we had before was nothing compared to what happened tonight; I never thought that I could get so lost in someone’s eyes before I looked into hers. The feelings that coursed through my veins while we had our little make out session was like I nothing I had ever felt before; I had gotten more pleasure out of those few minutes with her than I had ever had even having sex with other girls.

          Like always I seemed to always find a way of ruining the moment; it wasn’t just me it was my wolf pushing me to say the words. We had to know that she wasn’t going to leave us, we had to know that she was going to stay with us forever; just the thought of her ever leaving us had my heart feeling like it would break into pieces at any moment. I don’t know what I was expecting her to say; could I really have expected her to change her mind so quickly? I know that she still needs time to make up her mind but I can’t describe how much it hurts to know that there’s still a possibility that she might leave me; I can’t let that happen, I won’t let that happen, I will do everything I can to prove my love to her.