Chapter Seventeen

Gabriel’s POV

“Please just leave.” Ari said; although it was no more than a whisper I could hear the pain in her voice and knew that she needed to be alone.

          I got up and walked out of the room, grabbing a vase full of flowers and throwing it at the wall on my way down the hall. How could I have been so stupid; how could I have not seen the similarities between her and Terra? Would she ever forgive me for what I have done? I thought that getting her to forgive me for rejecting her and sleeping with Candy was going to be hard enough, but to get her to forgive me for sleeping with her sister is that even possible? 

          I have always been one to try and put myself in someone else’s position to try and see things the way that they would but even the thought of her sleeping with someone else made me sick, not to mention if it was my own brother.

‘Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! I really screwed things up!’

          My wolf let out a long sorrow filled howl as I phased and took off into a run. As if I didn’t have enough going through my mind right now I also had to deal with him telling me over and over how stupid I was; as if I didn’t already realize that on my own. Maybe if he would put as much energy into helping me find a solution instead of pinning the blame on me we could find a way to win her back.

          I knew that I had screwed up, I had screwed up big time; I also knew that I was going to do whatever I could to get her back. I needed Ari in my life, I needed her as my mate; just the short time that I have spent with her since the fight already has me more attached to her than I could have ever imagined. Never in my life have I ever felt feelings for a girl as strong as I do for her; just being away from her for a few minutes leaves me restless and on edge.

          I took this run to try and clear my head and find some answers but it turns out that all I can do is worry about how she is doing. My wolf is constantly whining and it’s driving me nuts; I just need time to think, I need to think of how I can earn her trust again. I know that she wanted me to leave; I know that she needed her space but I just can’t seem to keep myself or my wolf away from her. I quickly turned around and ran back towards the house; I had only been gone for a few hours but it felt like a lifetime.

          I stood in front of my door and listened to her slow and steady breathing, it was just past two in the morning and from her breathing I could tell that she was asleep. It was relieving to say the least, as much as I wanted to talk to her I still had no idea what I would say; at least with her asleep I could be next to her without her being angry about it too. I opened the door and walked in, closing it as quietly as I could behind me. I made my way over to the bed and slowly slid myself in next to her being careful not to wake her.

          She looked so beautiful in her sleep; not that she didn’t look beautiful all the time but when she was sleeping she just seemed so peaceful and carefree. I tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and softly caressed the side of her face with my fingers; unknowingly she leaned into my touch and a small smile played at the edges of her lips. This was another thing that I loved about her when she was sleeping, it seemed like she actually cared for me when she was asleep; when she was awake all I ever saw was her hatred towards me and the pain in her eyes that I know that I caused.

          I inched my body closer to hers until we were just barely touching; the tingles that surged through my body everywhere that we touched were one of the best feelings in the world. My wolf calmed inside of me knowing that his mate was near and for the first time in the last few hours was finally silent and content. Ari stirred next to me for a moment before rolling slightly on her side and draping her arm across my waist; as good as it felt I couldn’t help but wish that it was her wanting to touch me and not just her wolf drawing her near me. I really wasn’t in a position to be picky and the warmth of her arm across my body had me relaxing and falling asleep next to her within minutes; my last thought before sleep overtook me was that one day she would be mine and want to fall asleep next me, it would be her choice and I would love her till the end of time.