Chapter Nine

Ariana's POV

          I woke up Monday morning with the intention of making it a great day; I had plans to find Gabriel later that night and reject him as my mate. It took a little while to convince myself that it was the right thing to do but I in the end I didn’t want to suffer anymore for the decisions that he was making. After a quick shower I got dressed and headed out to the field to meet with my group; Mondays were usually pretty easy days, I think that Kane was relaxed from having a day off and didn’t really feel like pushing us as much as he usually does.

“Alright team were doing flag pulls on the hill this morning.” Kane announced as he approached the group; we all let out an audible sigh. Flag pulls consisted of running, or more like crawling up a steep rock and sand hill and placing flags at the top then once you had the flags up you had to go back up the hill and take them down; it was a lot harder than it looked and really took a lot out of you, it was not what I wanted to do first thing in the morning.

“22 you’re up first.” He announced next flashing me an all too happy smile that instantly pissed me off.

“22 you’re up first” I repeated in a snobby tone under my breath.

“What was that?” Kane asked causing me to jump slightly; there was no way he heard that, right?

“Nothing.” I said going to grab one of the flags he was holding.

“If I heard you correctly I believe that you were mocking me.” He basically growled at me. “Why don’t you go ahead and do all three, one at a time.” He said handing me the other three flags as my mouth hit the ground.

“Seriously?” I asked taking the flags in my hand.

“Seriously!” He replied as an evil grin crossed his lips.

          Placing one flag and having a break while the others placed the other two flags before you had to go retrieve yours was hard enough, how the hell was I suppose to do this three times in a row with no break; he must have lost his mind. Knowing that there was no point in arguing with him, which would have only resulted in time after class doing more work I started to make my way up the hill to place my first flag.

          My feet did their best to dig into the slippery sand while I used my hands to pull me up on random rocks; the flag was stuffed in the side of my shorts to free up both hands. I did my best to not cut my hands or knees on the jagged rocks and was panting by the time I reached the top and stuck my flag into the sand. Getting down was a lot easier but still tricky, you basically just slid on your butt and moved around to avoid colliding with a rock but you had to grab onto rocks as you went to keep your speed down or you would end up impaled on a rock or worse just tumbling down the hill hitting everything in your path.

          I got to the bottom and Nora handed me the next flag with a ‘sorry’ look on her face, I shoved it in the side of my shorts and started to make my way back up the hill. I managed to make it up unscaved once again and jabbed my second flag into the ground sitting on top of the hill to take a breather.