I'm Like 8ft 4 Blonde Hair To The Floor (C'est Fini)

What did I do about Josh ? You’re probably thinking that I went back to him and said ‘I love you, its ok that we’re together.

Well what I did first was tell my dad everything how it started and why I did it for so long. I was happy that he’d even come for me, I thought that he had given up on me a long time ago, but when I saw him in Maries yard waiting for me I was so happy. Imagine my dad, stocky and the manliest of men holding a big white teddy bear with my name embroidered right in the middle. At first I thought he was crazy, I thought that I was just seeing things and that he wasn’t really there, but he was.

He apologized for his behavior (something I had already forgiven him for because it was my fault). My dads nearly useless when it comes to apologies, he goes out and buys things to say he’s sorry. He must’ve been really sorry because when he popped the trunk in his van it was full of pink fluffy things for my dorm room.

Apparently my aunt had something to do with it, but that’s another story for another day.

So anyways, the dad situation was well taken care of and I was happy about that. Sure he was irrational, crazy, bipolar, but he’s my Dad and the big guy loves me, even when he’s acting like Adolf Hitler *shrugs*.

About the Josh situation, I didn’t go to him for closure. I hear a lot of people saying you need to talk face to face in order to settle things. Shh….I sat on my bed and called him, and I made that call a very short one.

He said the usual, the ‘oh baby, you don’t mean that.’ And I said ‘sure I do.’ *click*

A little mean spirited, but what else could I do? Listen to him cry and say ‘ok baby, we can make this work.’

Screw that.

Today’s the first day of college, and I’m the only girl sitting at the front row of desks in Freshman English. I’m ready, I’ve read the selections already, even though today is just introductions into the course, but I’m ready regardless. I take my pencil out and a sheet of paper in case I need to take notes. This feeling of nerdiness takes over, and I love it. I embrace it, and I press my new prescription glasses up the bridge of my nose, I enjoy the way it slides back down gently, just a little bit.

It’s still not time for class to start, but other students are walking in already. Short guys, tall guys, straight guys, homo guys (O_O) and of course the cute guys.

I tuck a piece of loose hair behind my ear and headline my paper for the class, just to keep things organized so I can go back to it later when someone taps me on my elbow. I look to my left and note the guy, the one with the brown skin, equally dorky glasses and a face cute enough to make a girl swoon.

“Yeah,” I question with a friendly smile.

He smiles back, and speaks; his tone is soft, his voice slightly quiet, “I think we live in the same building.”

I’m still trying to memorize what apartment building I live in, its not too hard either because there’s only four on my side of the street, “Which one?”

He bites his lips and blushes when he can’t come up with the answer quickly, “five I think.”

“Oh, yeah I stay there.”

He nods and pulls out a sheet of paper as well, and a pencil, I resume my work thinking that’s all he wants.

“So….” I look over at him again and raise my eyebrows, “What’s your name?” He asks.

“Ariel, Adams. You?”

“Michael, Lawson.”

“That’s a ,” I don’t want to lie, “strange last name.”

Michael blushes again, “I guess you could say that.”

“Strange is cool,” I add.

“I saw you last Monday, at freshman orientation.”

I’m sure you did sweetheart, I saw a lot of people.

Instead I smile, “And?”

“Would you like to hang out or something?”

I think about it, I could dive right into this. Or I could for once in my life take something slow.

“Maybe later.”

He bows his head, bites his lips and smiles, “That’s cool too.”

Its hard to say no to such a beautiful smile, but I remind myself of time and how I suck at it. I think about how things will be much better if I build a friendship first and a relationship later. And then I think about all the billions of guys that are in the world waiting to get laid, and that one guy who’s waiting to steal my heart. I’d rather wait for that one guy.

As long as it takes.

Before I return to my work (or lack thereof) I ask him a question with a twinkle in my eye, “You don’t have any babies, or fiancé’s do you?”

For a minute he looks offended and then he laughs when he spots my smile, “No, I promise.”

I smile at him and think to myself.

I’ll hold you to that promise.