The Story of Us (All of Us)

Why did he have to do that? I mean, be so sweet when I was so set on being an ass to him? I hoped he felt happy about that, about making me feel guilty I mean. All I wanted was for him to go away, I didn’t even blame him for the sex because I knew it was me, but he was like some love sick girl and it was crazy insane.

I didn’t know what to do really, I was at a lost for words about what I could do. Marie was no help, she was enjoying her last few weeks with her boyfriend, meanwhile I had no one to keep me company. Because I was simply stupid and extremely retarded.

I had to see him, I simply had to see him and apologize again for being such an idiot. I just had to get Marie to take me there to do it.

A couple days later she agreed, with the stern warning that this time my apology wouldn’t end up in sex and I agreed. Ten minutes was hardly enough to satisfy my libido, maybe for a man, but certainly not for me.

I put one foot on the first step and then stopped, I could hear, yelling coming from his apartment. I continued the rest of the way and stopped right there just at the top and pressed my ear against the door. I could clearly hear the conversation.

“Why don’t you believe me?” A girl sobbed.

“You’re telling me its my kid now? A month ago you said it was someone elses.”

“I lied, I swear I lied. I was mad at you, I would’ve told you anything to make you angry.”

He snapped, “Why the fuck are you telling me this now? What am I supposed to do?”

“Take care of your child, that’s what you’re supposed to do.”

Child? I leaned away from the door and recalled what Andres had said. Was it true?

Apparently so.

I backed away from the door just as I heard footsteps and scrambled down the stairs in a frenzied pace. I reached Maries car, and hopped in with an order for her to get the hell of there as fast as she could.

She did as told, “What happened? And that was too fast.”

“Did you know Ronnie had a baby mama?”

“Uh…” She focused on the street ahead of her and flicked the turning signal on for the right, “Maybe.”

“So why didn’t you tell me?”

She turned, turning the wheel in a slow and smooth direction as the street merged into in to one. Marie was quiet for a moment, but I kept my burning gaze on her as she continued driving. I wasn’t necessarily furious, just a little disappointed and confused that she hadn’t told me.

“I didn’t know you and him were hooking up, “She answered honestly.

I guess that was a good reason not to tell me, it made pretty good sense too I suppose but I didn’t want to think about sense. I wanted to think about how screwed up my life had been for the past two months and how I was going to fix it.

Could I fix it?

Was it even fixable?

Not only was I a whore but I was a boyfriend stealing whore 3x over.

“I’m so ready for summer to be over,” I confessed.

Marie chuckled, “I’m not, but I understand why you are. I told you to leave Ronnie alone.”

“No you didn’t.”

I bit my index finger, did she?

Maybe I’d forgotten, or something.