Chapter 38 :)

-Jessica's P.O.V- 

"Zayn?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Guess what?" I said, biting back a smile.

"What?" He looked down at me curiously now. Me and him have been sitting, not really knowing how the hell to cross this gap in the ground. We know we're gonna get put in some kind of sliding thing, but there's only one and we're two... And we're stuck together.

"You're the best thing that has happened to me since my dad died." I said and he smiled shyly. He pulled me closed to his side and kissed mt temple.

"Wanna get over?" He asked me after a while of silence. I nodded and he stood up, pulling me with him.

"How are we gonna get over?" I asked him, watching as he found all the straps and stuff. 

"I'm fasten you in this and I'm gonna tie myself to it and you'll gonan wrap your arms and legs around me just in case and I'll run and we'll slide over and then I'll stop us there again." He explained, pulling out some thick ropes that were in the bag we got given.

"How did you come up with this?" Zayn blushed now and mumbled something, but I didn't hear. "What?"

"Boy scout." I bit my lap imagineing a little Zayn in the boy scouts. Awww...

He strapped me up and pulled at everything, checking if I was safe. He then made some fancy knot around himself and we were now pressed together tightly. 

"You ready?" I quickly wrapped myself around him and nodded, hiding my face in his neck. Zayn ran and I couldn't help the slight scream as we were suddenly sliding over the gap.

Zayn held two handles as we slid over rather fast.

"Woohoo!" Zayn sang. I looked at his face and he was grinning. I couldn't help it, I took his face in my hands and kissed him. The wind was around us and he kissed me back. 

Wihtout me onticing we were over he began walking and his arms went around me instead, kissing me. My legs were still wraped around his waist and my hands in his hair. 

We pulled away eventually and he smiled, pecking my lips quickly. He then walked a bit further in on the cliff thing and began untying the knots smoothly. He helped me out of this stuff and then packed everything up, putting the backpack back on his back.

Zayn and I intertwined our fingers and began walking together again. I checked the map a couple of times and so did he. We just slowly walked around, taking our time with coming to the key and new map.

"Oh, it's there!" Zayn suddenly piped, pointing in the distance. I followed his finger and it was in a tree.

"Seriously?" I groaned and we stood under it now.

"I can try and throw rocks on it." Zayn said, picking up some rocks. He threw since he has his right hand free. Eventually the branch gave in and the little bag fell down. I opened it and found a key. We unlocked the chains and they fell off easily. Throwing them in the beg that we found the key in, we took everything and changed maps.

"Okay, so here's our tent. We should probably walk around the water there, I don't wanna swim." I said, but he shook his head.

"We're swimming. It's much more fun now that I can actually swim!" He took my hand and began dragging me along. I giggled at his excitement. 

It didn't take us long until we were there. Our tent was on the other side. It wasn't very big, but big enough for two.

"Zayn? What are you doing?" I asked him, curious as to why he was suddenly pulling out the plastic bags and the ducktape from the bag.

"Making sure nothing gets wet. Come on, strip for me baby." He wiggled his eyebrows in the end. I blushed, but slowly got undressed. I, of course, kept my underwear on. We managed to stuff everything in two plastic bags and he securely ducktaped them closed.

I took his hand and slowly walked into the water. I gasped at the teperature. It was cold, not too cold, but cold.

"Okay, one.." Zayn started. We counted and then just ran into the water, quickly diving under and getting up just as fast. For some reason we burst out laughing. We swam with one of the bags each.

We got over and looked around. I quickly ran over to the tent, opening it up to see what was in it. I grabbed two blankets and threw him one. 

"Oufh." Zayn shivered a bit, wrapping it around himself.

"It's getting darker." I noted and he looked around nodding.

"Lets make some fire." He said and then found some wood. He told me to sit and watch, so I did and he made a brilliant fire actually. Zayn got a big log out and then sat against it.

He smiled at me and opened his blanket, gesturing for me to come.

"Lets have this around us and this over us." He suggested. I nodded and snuggled into his warmer body, moving my blanket to cover our feet. Zayn put his blanket around us and held me in his arms as well.

"What do we have to eat?" I asked and he shrugged. Zayn went and pulled out a new backpack and rummaged through it. He found some pots and glasses and stuff.

"Soup?"

"Yeah, sounds good." I said just wanting something to eat. He put water in a pot and managed to put up the whole stand thingy and the pot hung down from it. "Isn't the water dirty?"

He smiled and slid in beside me again.

"That's why we're gonna boil it first, we'll kill the bakterias and stuff." Zatn explained. I nodded and then we snuggled together. "Mmm.. I like sharing body temperature." He hummed. I giggled and ruffled his drying hair.

"Oh course you do." My smiling lips were met by his and he slowly kissed me. He ended up leaned a bit over me, kissing me deeply. We kept kissing for a while until there was heard boiling. He pecked me one last time before he ripped the soup paper and put it in the water. He stirred it and nodded, then went back to me.

After a very cosy night by a bonfire and with soup, we killed the flame and moved into the tent. It was black outside now, but we had a flashlight, so we used the one.

I got in one of the sleeping bags and so did he, then we layed beside each other. He fell asleep, but I've never liked camping...

"Zayn?" I whispered, shaking him a bit. He woke right away, probably just fell asleep as well and looked at me. "I'm scared." I admitted. He smiled softly and then opened his sleeping bag a bit. I slipped out of mine and went into his instead. We opened mine fully and out it over us again, keeping us extra warm.

Zayn put his arms safely around me and I was facing him. 

"Better?" He mumbled, probably very tired. I nodded and leaned my face up and gave him a kiss, then rested my head on in his chest. "Good night, love."

"Good night, Zayn" I began drowsing and fell asleep.

Not before I heard him whisper something though...

"I love you."