Chapter 3: The Killjoys

"How did you get that name?", I asked. "We were paired up with random people. It just happens that i was paired up with my brother. Then Ray and Frank joined the team. We came up with the name by talking it out. We were talking about it and then Frank blurted out pure genious. The Fabulous Killjoys. It was perfect. Just an amazing name. It was catchy. I'm glad we're called that. It caught on pretty fast. These guys became my best friends. I don't know how i could ever live without them. They're my family.", he explained.

"Wow. That's quite the story.", I told him. "Yeah. My dad was with the Rebels. He ended up dying in an attack.", he said. I replied, "I'm sorry." "It's alright. Me and Mikey never really got to see him anyways. Never really got close. We always depended on mom.", he said, "I have to show you something!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me to a nearby window. He opened it and sat on a ledge outside it. "I don't think we should.", I said cautiously. "Do you trust me?", he replied. I had only just met him, but with a slight hesitation, I said, "Yes....", and grabbed his hand. We stood up the ledge and climbed to the roof.

The view of the sunset was beautiful. He handed me a sandwich and we ate up on the roof. It was a ham sandwich with American cheese and mayonnaise. "Did you make these?", I asked. "Yeah" "They're pretty good.", I said. "Thanks.", He replied. I felt really awkward. It wasn't all the time I got to sit on a roof with a guy I like and eat sandwiches. I looked over at him. His perfect eyes. His vibrant red hair. Could I be falling for him? Oh Gerard. I could imagine us sitting on the beach. Holding hands. That's when my imagination became a reality.

He had put his hand on top of mine. My heart began racing and my stomach was tied in knots. I didn't know how to react, so I just let it stay that way. He had said, "I have to tell you something..." "What is it?", I replied. "Ever since I first saw you, I felt as if you were the one for me. I usually don't pour out my soul to people I just met. But you are just so perfect." He called me perfect. "I hope you don't mind if I do this.", he said. He leaned in closer, grabbed my waist, and kissed me. He had kissed me. He pulled me closer and closer. I ran my hands through his hair and pulled him on top of me. Frank banged on the roof and yelled, "Calm it down up there!"

We climbed off the roof and back into our room. I didn't even bother unpacking my things. I just crawled into bed and about 5 minutes afterwards. He got under the sheets and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "Goodnight beautiful.", he whispered to me before setting his head down.

We woke up to waffles today. He had shaken me awake and kissed me on my cheek. "Morning honey!", he said. My heart absolutely melted. He pushed some of my pink hair out of my face. "Morning", I said and smiled. He leaned in and kissed my forehead. "I'll beat you downstairs!", he said and jumped out of bed and ran. I pulled the covers off revealing my shorts and black tee shirt. I ran out of the room to turn the corner and I was met by Gerard. He spun me around and pulled me in. There was a gap between our faces and I closed it. Our lips connected and sparks flew. That's when Noah walked by us.