Chapter Two: The Shelter

We got into the car and pulled onto the road. The red haired man looked back at me and said, "Hi. I'm Gerard." He smiled. His smile was wonderful. The shortest one also introduced himself. "Hey, I'm Frank." The blonde one, who was driving, said, "I'm Mikey!" And the last one, the one with the curly dark brown hair, said, "I'm Ray!" "I'm Cecilia and this is Noah.", I said, "You can call me Cece." "That's a nice name.", Gerard said. "Thanks...", I said as I blushed intensely. "No problemo.", Gerard said. I could feel the girl crush coming on.

We pulled into a bumpy driveway of a worn away house. Parts of the log walls were missing and everything seemed to be falling apart. "Is this where we stay at?", I asked. "Yupp.", Gerard said as he opened the wooden door. There was a couch that was a nasty brown color and a tv with a huge crack down the screen. It was worn down. "The bedrooms are upstairs.", Frank said. Gerard led me to mine and Ray led Noah to his.

Gerard said, "Me and you will be sharing a room. Ray, Frank, and Mikey will be staying with Noah. They're always after young boys for soldiers." Wow. So I guess I didn't need as much protecting. Well it seems reasonable. I replied, "I need privacy." "I know. I can sleep on the floor and change in the other room. You'll get plenty of privacy.", he said. I quickly replied before I could think, "You don't need to sleep on the floor. You can sleep on the bed with me. Just stay fully dressed."

I woke up with Gerard laying next to me. His arm was around my waist. I felt tingly wherever he touched me. I guess you could say I have a teensy crush on him. Frank came in the room and said, "Ah. Don't worry about him, he's a cuddler! Well, anyways breakfast is done!" He left me and Gerard to ourselves. I woke him up. He got up and stretched before asking me, "Did you sleep well?" "Yes I did!", I said enthusiastically. "Well aren't you happy!", he replied before leaving the room and heading downstairs.

I walked down greeted by the smell of bacon and pancakes. "How many pancakes would you like?", Frank asked. "Just one is fine with me!", I replied. He got me a pancake and a few pieces of bacon before saying, "Alright! Go get your things and we'll be on our way!"

I didn't ask where we would go. I finished my breakfast and got my things. We left around 6:30 in the morning. We drove all day long before coming to another beat down house. I guess this is where I'd sleep tonight. I just hope Noah and I are safe from any danger. When we pulled into the bumpy driveway Gerard led me up to our room. I asked, "What do you guys call yourselves?" He smiled and replied, "The Fabulous Killjoys"