Chapter 2

Niall’s P.O.V

“I’m s-sorry” I whispered to my mother as I was carried out of the bathroom by the paramedics, my mother had found me as I almost drowned in the tub, I wish she didn’t, I wish she didn’t find me and help me. I looked down at my wrists which were bandaged up, but the blood was still escaping and running down my arms.

“He’s going to be alright?” I heard my mother ask one of the paramedics as we went down the stairs slowly.

“Ma’am he’s gonna be fine, are you coming with us to the hospital?” he asked as he looked down at me quickly before looking back at her.

“Yes of course I am” she replied as she ran alongside the stretcher which I was strapped down too, my cuts were burning fiercely with every second that went past. “Niall honey you’re gonna be ok” she whispered to me as she ran her hand down my right cheek, was I really going to be ok? I felt like complete shit.

I took notice of the rows of neighbours as I was pushed down the front path towards the ambulance which was waiting at the side walk, off to the right was my old childhood friend, wait, my once old childhood friend, Harry Styles, he stopped talking to me and at one point he also began to bully me.

He looked so sad from where I was, was he feeling guilty that I tried to kill myself? I hope he was.

“Ok come on guys let’s get him outta here” the paramedic said as I was placed in the back on the van with my mum and a nurse, the other 2 paramedics climbed into the front before starting the engine and pulling off from the curb.

I moved my head and locked eyes with my mother who was trying so hard not to cry; I took her hand in mine for a few moments before whispering “its ok mum” to her which set her off, tears ran down her face before breaking off and dropping to the floor.

“Ok ma’am we need to sedate him” the nurse said to my mum as she lowered a syringe to my body. The sight of it made me begin to panic, I tried to push away from the tip as it became inches from my bare, pale skin. With a quick jab, the liquid was injected into my body, sending a tingling feeling threw my body before my vision became blurred slightly.

“It’s ok baby” my mums’ voice was the last thing I heard before drifting off.

 …

As my eyes fluttered open, the bright light from the bedside lamp hit me with force making me grunt lightly, I must have just come out of surgery, dammit mum, why did you have to help me? I could have been dead by now and out of pain!

“M-mum” I lightly called out as I was still weak.

I looked over to the right and saw my mother sitting on a chair sleeping with a blanket around her, her face had tear stains running down it, I felt so horrible as I laid there, I could do it again, I could try and kill myself again, but I couldn’t do it. My mum needed me.

“I’m so sorry mumma” I muttered as I laid back down slowly, any fast movements could make me vomit.

I felt myself getting dizzier by the second; I closed my eyes as I laid my head back down on the soft, white pillow.

“Niall?” my mums’ voice hit me as my eyes slowly began to flutter open slowly. “Honey hi” she added as she pulled me into a tight hug.

“Hi mum” I muttered back to her as I kissed her on the left side cheek.

“Sweetie you’re gonna be fine –“ she explained.

“I know” I half yelled at her. “I’m sick to death of people saying I’m going to be fine, it pisses me off” I said, I instantly lowered my head after I raised my voice to her. “Sorry” I added.

“It’s ok honey, are you hungry?” she asked me as a smile appeared across her lips.

“Mum, I’m always hungry” I laughed to her, she giggled before kissing me on the cheek and getting up off the side of my hospital bed. “Oh mum? Can we please have something that doesn’t taste like cow shit?” I asked her. I hated hospital food, absolutely hated it.

She smirked before looking out at a nurse who was approaching the room slowly. “Of course, a nurse is coming in to ask you a few question, so will a police officer” she exhaled. My smirk turned to a frown, fuck! I didn’t want to talk to them.

I sighed as the nurse and officer walked into my small, but spacious room.

“Hello Mr Horan” the nurse said to me as she approached my bed. “How are we this morning?” she asked me.

“I’m good thanks” I muttered to her as I looked around at the officer as he stood over beside the entrance to my room.

“Niall we’re here to ask you a few questions, is that ok?” the officer asked me as he took a step forward.

“Yes that’s fine” I replied as I sat up straight in my bed.

“Good, good, so Niall how is life at school?” he asked me as he pulled up a seat next to my bed. He pulled out a small note pad and placed a pen against the paper before looking back up at me with a smile on his face.

“Life is, ah, well life is shit” I exhaled as I looked down at my fingers which were incredibly pale. “I don’t have any friends, no one likes me” I added as he began to take down some notes on the pad.

“I see” he muttered as he continued to write down notes, I was guessing that he was over exaggerating a bit by the amount he was writing down. “So what pushed you to try and kill yourself?” he asked me as he locked eyes with me once more.

“Do I really have to answer that?” I questioned him as I felt tears forming up in my eyes. I didn’t feel comfortable talking about what I go through at school and what made me want to end it all.

“I’m afraid you do Niall, please” he clarified to me as he took his hand in mine and gave it a tight squeeze.

I let out a loud sigh before taking a deep breath. “Fine” I said as a tear ran down my cheek slowly. “People cyber bully me all the time, so that’s why I did it” I exhaled; he looked down for several seconds before locking eyes with me once more. “So I did what they all wanted me too, I tried to kill myself”.

“Niall…what you’re going through with school, doesn’t affect the rest of your life, you’re never going to see any of them again so you shouldn’t listen to them” he was right, I shouldn’t listen to them, but that little voice in my head made me feel like shit, the voice was what was pushing me to commit suicide. “We’re gonna have to get you help Niall” he added as he took down more notes.