Twenty Three - We Are Grounders - II

Bellamy left and quickly returned- with a bleeding Raven, a concerned Clarke, and an extremely worried Finn. I covered my mouth in slight disbelief. Of course Murphy managed to hit her, what a dick.

Out of a slight instinct, I tossed Clarke a dagger to heat up and cauterize the wound.

Clarke gave me a thankful nod as she heated it up above the small fire she had created. "This is gonna hurt, Raven, but it should stop the internal bleeding." Clarke warned, flipping the knife to heat up the other side.

"Just to it already!" Raven commanded Clarke, clutching Finn's hand. I could sense the regret of saying the words from before as soon as Raven's screams filled the air.  

The smell of burning flesh flooded my senses and I crinkled my nose at it. "I don't understand, how did Murphy get a gun?" Finn questioned, looking to Bellamy for answers.

"It's a long story." Bellamy stated.

"Well, we got lucky." Raven chocked out., "If Murphy had hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead."

"Wait." Clarke interrupted, tilting her head. "There's rocket fuel down there? Enough to build a bomb?" 

Raven nodded. "Enough to build a hundred bombs. . . If we had any gun powder left."

"Let's get back to the reapers." Bellamy said, pulling out a small leather book- Lincoln's sketchbook, and tossing it to Finn. "The enemy of the enemy is my friend, right?"

"Not this enemy." Clarke cautioned, a knowing look gleaming in her eye. "We saw them, trust me. It's not an option."

"We don't have time for this." Finn looked at me, then at Raven. "Can they walk or not?" 

"Well," Clarke demurred, "With the right kind of support, which we don't have, Grey would be able to, but for now we'll have to carry them. Otherwise we will be drastically slowed down." 

"Like hell you will." Raven and I scoffed simultaneously. I looked to her before she finished off for the both of us and struggling to sit up. "We're good to go." 

"Hey! Listen to me. That bullet is still inside of you and if, by some miracle there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get you somewhere safe And you, Grey, your knee is more swollen than your boyfriend bloated ego. Neither of you is walking, is that clear?" 

I nodded along with Raven, and Finn turned to Clarke. "I'll go get a few stretchers."

"Can't run away fast enough, huh?" Bellamy divulged his opinion- the same one from earlier. "Real brave."

"Dying in a fight you can't win is-"

"They'll listen to me." I interrupted Finn. I received four very confused looks from the delinquents in the room. 

"What are you talking about?" Clarke said, leaning a little forward. 

"They- I. . . I can't explain it, Clarke. They will listen to me, though." I tried to explain. It didn't feel right telling them quite yet.

"Grey, don't be stupid." Raven laughed. "You're not their leader, hell, you're not even a grounder."

"Yeah, I know, bu-"

"Grey, were not letting you into the crossfire." Bellamy stated, shifting his weight. 

"Bellamy, you're not-"

"End of discussion! You're not getting hurt because of my bad judgment." Bellamy raised his voice in the slightest. "Not again."

I shook my head. He wasn't going to listen.