Ten - His Sister's Keeper - I

\10 - His Sister's Keeper - I\

THANK YOU ALL FOR 400 READS

Chapter song - Two - twenty one pilots

I had been sitting up by the entrance to the drop-ship, unable to sleep, when Bellamy rushed up to me with a torch in hand, and worry evident in his features. "Bellamy?" I asked, standing up.

"Have you seen Octavia?" He asked, his eyes darting around frantically.

"No? I thought she was in your tent or something." I said my brows furrowed. Octavia wasn't stupid, she wouldn't just run away with grounders out there. He shook his head, and I nodded. "I'll help."

|x|

I stood by the fire as Bellamy threw down a large thing of makeshift weapons. "Grab a weapon. My sister's been out there, alone, for twelve hours." He looked around, "Arm up, we're not coming back without her."

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Jasper go and reach for one weapon of the many, and Clarke rested her hand on his chest, gently. "Jasper, you don't have to do this. You haven't left camp since we brought you back."

He swiveled the torch he had ever so slightly, it resting near my face. "Clarke, I need to do this."

"We need all the people we can get." I looked around Jasper and Clarke to see Bellamy with his arms crossed. Jasper nodded, and walked forward, grabbing a knife. "We need a tracker. . . Finn, get out here!"

"Finn!" I shouted, impatient. My best friend was missing, there's not enough time to mess about.

"Alright, I'm coming." He groaned, exiting the tent with shorter hair than I had seen him with last.

"Nice hair." I commented before walking to Jasper, leaving space-walker and my sister to their own business.

I walked next to Jasper, silent, and craned my neck up to see something that looked like falling glitter. I stood still, my jaw clenched and my eyes closed. The flares didn't work.

"They didn't work." Raven stated from behind the group, and I felt the unease that I had felt earlier settle back into the pit of my stomach. "The flares- they didn't work."

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy asked, tilting his head at the olive-skinned girl.

Clarke scoffed at the same time I did, and I let my eyes glare at the freckled face boy in front of me. "It's not a meteor shower." Said Clarke.

"It's a funeral." I finished. "Those are dead bodies, returning to Earth from the ark."

"This is just what is looks like from the other side." As Clarke spoke, I watched guilt fill Bellamy's features as he looked to the ground, his gaze avoiding the sky as if it were the plague. "They didn't get our message."

Raven suddenly pushed past me in the eerie silence, and I latched my hand around her wrist, preventing her from attempting to do any harm. "This is all because of you!" She shouted, pulling against me.

"I helped you find the radio." Bellamy tried to reason, backing up the slightest.

With help from Finn, I held back Raven as I watched the veins in her neck and forehead grow more prominent in her state of anger. "Yeah, after you jacked my radio and trashed my pod!"

"Yeah, he knows." Clarke said from beside me, "And now he has to live with it."

Silence passed between the group of teenagers before Bellamy spoke up again.