Six - Murphy's Law - I

\Six - Murphy's Law - I\

X

The day Jasper and I were finally capable of walking was the same day I found out Wells had been murdered.

Someone had found his body right outside of camp. I wasn't incredibly fond of the chancellor's son, but it still was sour news. He had helped us, after all.

But Wells wasn't his dad. He was a kid and he didn't deserve to die.

I was pacing slowly between the beds like Clarke had told me to. Clarke and I, we've been getting along better than before.

Octavia came up the dropship with a smile. "C' mon you two, let's go for a walk." Jasper and I looked at each other.

"You sure you can handle both of us? At the same time?" Jasper asked the question for me.

"I wouldn't have asked if I had thought otherwise. Now, let's go!" I smiled and shook my head at her, following her down the hatch, slowly and carefully, helping Jasper afterwards. I leaned on Octavia the least I was capable of. When the three of us had neared the entrance to the newly built wall, I turned to see Murphy.

He was yelling at a boy I didn't recognize. "Hey! Do you think the grounders are going to sit around and wait for us to finish the wall?" The boy looked down as Murphy pointed at a young girl. "Maybe we should let the little girl do the heavy lifting."

"I just need some water, okay?" He said, looking to Murphy. "Then I'll be fine."

Bellamy stepped forward, grabbing Murphy's shoulder. "Get this guy some water." He said, he looked to the younger girl in front of him. "Hey, you got this?"

The girl rushed to it, but Bellamy beat her to it, picking it up with a smile. After Bellamy walked away, Murphy unzipped his pants and began to piss all over the fallen boy's jacket.

I watched the scene unfold with silent disgust as the boy on his knee pushed Murphy away from him, and Murphy's goons held the boy back from landing any punches on Murphy's more-than-deserving face. As we neared the entrance, Murphy shouted from behind us. "GET BACK TO WORK!"

"Look, guys, we're already there," Octavia said, leading us out the doors. "Just a few steps, one foot in front of the other. " Jasper and I stopped walking. The last time I left this place I had ended up with a spear in my stomach, I didn't really want to go any further from the small sanctuary we had been in. Otavia noticed our movements minimize and she turned back. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. " Jasper said, looking around, appearing even more nervous than I was. "I'm good."

She then looked to me. "I'm sorry, I'm just not up for being impaled again."

Octavia scoffed, walking again. "It's been a week. You both have been given a second chance! You've got to use i-" Her voice suddenly grew muffled, and she was pulled down with a jolt. I looked at Jasper, wide-eyed. I could hear my heart thumping as I moved up slowly, shouting Octavia's name. Jasper ran in front of me, seeing as he was slightly more healed than I.

Octavia popped back up, hitting a guy's chest as he left laughing. "Jasper, C'mon, there's nothing to be afraid of!"

Jasper turned back heading back inside the camp, but tripping over a tree root and falling on me, causing me so fall on my side and come face to face with to a disembodied finger and a small, makeshift knife.

-

Octavia set Jasper and I down in a tent, leaving the fingers and the knife on the table, and returning with Bellamy and Clarke.