Eight - Twilight's Last Gleaming - I

\Eight - Twilight's Last Gleaming - I\

Chapter song - Semi-Automatic (twenty one pilots)

100 years ago, humans had wished on rocks burning up in the Earths atmosphere. Seeing the bright streak flying across the sky, I had almost done the same. But then I realized that it wasn't burning up, and it certainly wasn't a rock.

The campers around me had all started shouting, and Octavia shot up from next to me, where she had been sitting and shouted for her brother. She stood next to me as me waited for Bellamy, starring at the object in the sky. Bellamy came running out, dressed in only a pair of pants.

"Now we can kick some grounder ass." The dark skinned boy behind me smiled.

A dark haired girl with only a brown blanket covering her body joked. "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo."

Bellamy, Octavia, three other boys, and I walked towards a tent- the same tent where Charlotte's fate had been discussed.

"In the direction it was headed, it's probably near the lake." Said the boy as I entered. He pointed to a poorly drawn map, and looked to Bellamy.

"We should get going, everyone's ready." Said Octavia as she handed me a pack. I nodded to her, grateful and turned back to Bellamy.

"No-ones going anywhere." Bellamy said, his arms crossed. I scoffed, turning to make my way out and head for the thing that could hold the key to seeing my mother once-more.

"Like hell, we aren't."

I stopped when my hand began to pull up some of the plastic. "Grey, stop. Not while it's dark out. It isn't safe. We'll head out at first light." No, I'll head out now. "Go spread the word."

The three boys left, and only the Blake siblings and I were left in the tent. "Everyone for a hundred miles could've seen that, Bellamy." Octavia pointed out.

"What if the grounders get to it first?" I tried to make Bellamy understand that we needed to leave, and soon. He looked down at the ground for a few seconds.

"Bell, we should go. Now." Octavia argued.

"I said, we wait until sunrise." He pushed past her and followed me out the tent. I placed the bag Octavia had gifted me over my shoulder and started to head for the gate of the wall, until Bellamy made his presence obvious. "Where do you think you're going?"

I let out a short huff of air. "I'm going to find whatever just fell down from the sky. If there is a radio on it, I'm getting to it before the grounders do, I don't care if I'm impaled again." I stated, readjusting the strap on my shoulder

"You're not going out there, alone." He said, walking towards me.

"I wouldn't have to if you didn't demand that we wait 'till morning." I shook my head and turned back around. "You're not going to stop me, Bellamy."

"You're still injured." He stated, now walking next to me.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." I replied sarcastically. "Just go, I can handle myself."

"I'm coming with then, if you're so determined to find this thing." Bellamy smirked, opening the door to the gate for me. I didn't protest, I didn't really care. All I wanted to know was if there was hope of seeing my mother again, and I doubt Bellamy would withhold that from me.

Octavia had followed us for a short period before arguing in hushed voices, most likely so I couldn't hear. After Octavia turned and headed back to camp, Bellamy caught up to me, and we continued walking.

Fifteen-twenty minuets or so, and Bellamy hadn't said another word to me. He walked infront of me, moving large sticks that would most definitely cause me to fall flat on my face. I rolled the sleeves of my shirt up, fanning my face. I should've changed before we left, it's too damn muggy out for this. I flipped the bag off my shoulder and not the dirt and set myself on my knee. Thankfully, Octavia had been smart for me, and she packed a ripped up tank-top and shorts for me. "Thank you," I whispered.

"What are you doing?" Bellamy questioned, turning to look at me as I unbuttoned my jeans.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm changing before I sweat to death." He smiled at me then shook his head turning back around and sitting on a nearby log.

The grey tank-top was more tattered and torn than I had first realized. After I put it on, I noticed that the entire bottom of the shirt was torn off, and I couldn't pull the shorts up any higher without turning them into a full-fledged thong. I sighed, I would have to just have to deal with it. I shoved the clothes back into my bag and turned around to find Bellamy still looking to his feet.

I walked to him, trying best to hide my stomach. My legs would just have to stay out in the open for now. He stood up and we began walking again, this time, side by side. "Why are you trying to hide your stomach? You're smaller than Octavia is, and I've already seen you shirtless." I quirked my eyebrow at his comment, not responding as we stepped over a small puddle. "I-I mean that, like, when Clarke shoved that tube into your side, and wh-"

"Relax. I know." I laughed at his stutters.

"If you hate the heat, why do you cover up so much?" Bellamy asked, looking to me.

"Half the camp already thinks I'm psychotic, and showing off a bunch of scars will probably not help my case." I defended, gesturing to myself. He tilted his head in agreement.

"Well, I think you look cute." He smirked at me, and heat rushed to my face and a butterfly flew around in my stomach. He's just screwing with you Grey, you cant honestly believe that.

"Thanks." I murmured, looking to my nails, beginning to pick them. "You don't look too bad yourself."

After saying thank you, silence passed between us before he spoke up again. "You know, you're wrong." I turned to him, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You said you have nothing left to live for, back on the cliff."

He stopped walking, as did I, and he lightly grasped my wrist, pulling me slightly closer to him. "Well, my sister kinda hates my guts, I'm stared at like I'm some kind of freak-show, we could all die from the grounders at any point, not to menti-" My rambling stopped short as I noticed Bellamy's face grow closer to mine, and his hand rested at the nape of my neck. I didn't move, my eyes were shut, then I felt my unnaturally chapped lips meet his. His lips were warm and soft, and they pressed against my own lightly, like a feather falling to the ground.

"Nothing to live for? Huh?" Bellamy joked, pulling away from me, and throwing his arm over as I looked to the ground with a smile.

"Maybe a few things."

|x|

I knew we were close the the pod that had come crashing down to the ground when I hear a radio calling out for a response. Relived, I scurried from Bellamy's arms and towards the sound.

It was lighter out now, and I could see where the pod had landed. The windows we clouded and slightly cracked, and I could just barley see the outline of a space suit as I tried lifting the door. There was someone in there.

Then, I was no longer opening the pods door. I was on the ground with blurred vision and blood slowly seeping out of the back of my head.