Chapter Twelve- The End, Or Is It?

I awoke in my room. The maps on the stone wall felt comforting. I tried to sit up, but my arm grew in pain. I hissed in pain, and strong arms grabbed me. They lightly placed my head back on my pillow. I looked up and smiled at the person. They smiled back. 

"I'm glad you finally woke up. I thought we were going to loss you there for the last hour or so." 

"Father!" I cried. I knew that Tim had kept his word and reversed the Great Knight's curse. He was no longer a beast and was again the man I loved. 

"Lacondra! Is there a reason we are crying out each other's name?" 

"You have no idea how much I missed you. Well the human form of you. When did you turn back?" 

"While you were in the woods. There is someone else who would like to see you." 

"Lacon!" I looked up to see Maya at my feet. Mother was holding her in her arms, and she had tears in her eyes. 

"Oh my brave girl!" Mother cried. "You've come home!" 

"I promised you I would. How long was I asleep?" 

"Three days," Father answered. 

"Three days? Agus and his cursed skills." 

"You still won. That is a truly blessed sign my dear. In fact, many are now calling you the Best Queen and the Carrier of Hope. Suiting titles for you. I cannot think of anything better to call you after you saved us all from him. Sean, though, seems rather pissed at your success. Does he not want her in the meeting hall right away dear?" 

"He does," Mother grumbled. "So you must come. Do you think you can?" 

"Yes. With a little help." 

Father helped me up, and after that I walked the walls of my home. I had little talks with maids and others I knew. I gave Tam a hug and sent her to enjoy another day off; that maid deserved it. I get smiles from Ty, Tason, and Kelly, and a grunt from Ky. I was glad to be back home. I opened the door to the Council Hall to have all eyes facing me. Iver, Delen, May, and Lady Taylor gave me a warm welcome. Ryan and Brooks gave me a smile that I found very rare for them. Jonah gave me a wave, and Miss Randa, Knox, Sir Simon, and Lord Ethan sat with grins on their faces. It was clear that the Council welcomed me back and was glad I was home. Well, all but Sean that is. 

"So you finally thought to join us?" Sean asked. May shushed him, and he frowned at her. 

"What he means," May said to me, "is that we are glad to have you back My Queen." 

"I am glad to be back," I told them all. I looked at Sean and he glared at me. 

"Well, I must put what I called everyone here. That is Luke, Lacondra, and Maya. The first matter is Luke. " 

"What about me?" Father asked. He was standing by my throne with his arms folded over his chest. 

"More like your rank. Now that you are no longer a tiger, I would like to knew what to do with you. Do you wish to have your troops back, to be what many call you the 'Great Knight?'" 

"No, I do not." 

"What? You wish to stay a peasant?" 

"I did not say that. Over the past few months I have seen my family needs me. I do not want my troops back at all. Curtis can keep them, and I think he deserves them. I wish to stay here and be a castle guard." 

"You wish to throw your title away just to keep them safe?" 

"Yes. And I think I would always be the Great Knight to the people."