Chapter Five- A Witch in My Side

It was a week later after the note was given to me. It was a shock to all that Agus was here in the place threatening to kill Lady Taylor. In fact, Taylor became a steady ally to me after that day, and I am proud to know her. I had more guards placed by Maya's doors and asked Tason and Ty to move closer to her room. They happily agreed, and Mother also moved closer to her room. The Council become paranoid about what Agus would do against us and how he had told us how he felt about me being on the throne. Father was heeled in a few days to him coming, but he sent his men ahead. He wanted to stay a day extra to make sure Maya and Mother was save. That was what all of us wanted: to keep the light side safe. One thing was on my mind all that week, and it was what everyone was scared of. 

Alright, call me evil names, but I was not worried about my family's safety that much. I only put the guards and knights by her room for the future. At the moment though, we were safe. Or so I thought. Oh how wrong I was. I was also put in charge of Curtis and his training to be the knight to wield Fall. I was doing that a week from that day. Father was gone by then, and Ty was watching out for Agus or any of his troops. 

Curtis was chopping at a dummy and I was also training. I was working on my hand to hand fighting with Tason. It was my weakest spot, but it did come in handy later on in my life. Yet once again, that is another tail to be told. I was doing better, but Tason kept knocking me on my back. I was getting angry at him and had finally came close to winning. He still won though.

"That was close, Lacondra," he told me, helping me to my feet. I blow a strand of red out of my eyes. My hair was up and I had on a dark blue gown with my boots. It was normal clothing and my necklace was on top of my bag and sword. I did in fact put most of my weapons in that bag. I learned that I could call the shack to me as well has my sword. I had many useful tools and I planned to use them to the fullest. Now if only I could do the same with my hands and feet.

I once again faced him in a fight. I punched and ducked, and he did not get a hold of me this time. I didn't flip him though. Something else kind of happened, and I swear I didn't mean for it to happen! You see he might have never touched me, yet I never touched him. I was getting mad and upset that I could not master this art of fighting. I didn't notice the shadows crawling up my arms and body. I was about to hit him when darkness covered his body, and he fell. Tason cried out in shock has the shadows somehow tied his hands and feet together and they did not lose when he straggled to get out of their hold. He glared up at me and seeing him like that was very funny. I just had to laugh.

 "Lacondra it is not funny!" he yelled at me. "Now call off your shadows."

"But I didn't do it!" I told him. "I did not call any shadows to me."

 "Sure. Now call them off!"

"I still didn't do it," I mumbled undoing the work of the ropes made by the darkness. He stood and glared at me again.

"You said you didn't do this, but you are the only person in the room who can control shadows. Tell me, what were you thinking about?"

"How good it would feel to see you lose. Why?"

 "For that is what I thought. If you think hard about something, then you will get it. It's a stage in your powers that will go away when you get older. Till then you need to learn how to control it!"  

"Tason! Lacondra! Curtis!" Iver called. The old man came running in quickly, and was clearly out of breath. He was upset, and his usually kept hair was a mess. 

"What is General Iver?" Curtis asked. His blonde hair was spiked and his green eyes had a light I cannot describe. His pale skin brought out the color of those eyes and the muscles in his arms.