Chapter Two- A Dark Mistake

"Hold still, Lacondra," Tam told me. I was getting in the silky dress Mother choose for me. It was as black as the sky at night when there are no starts nor if the moon is out. It was like the night, for there were gems on the front that twinkled like the pure stars. After I get my dress on, I will get my hair brushed.

 Tam countiued the stragle to get me into the gown. I hated puting on fancy dresses. My normal, plain ones sutied me well. But I rarley ever put fine gowns like this on, so it was fine. Tam was a great servient to me, and she as been that way since I was born. 

When my mother had asked the ladies of hers to be my nurse-maid, many had ran away. A few had stayed, but ran when they learned from Gween when she told them what would await. Tam was the only one loyal and brave enough to stay and take care of me. She is like a second mother to me, and I love her to death. She never had children of her own, and she is very young. Her gray hair betrays her age, and her stuning blue eyes are very caring. I don't know what I would do without her.

"There," she sighed when the dress was fully on. "Oh, Lacondra, you look beautiful!" Tam cried pulling me to the mirror, and the image took my breath away. I did look like a princess, which was a rare sight. I did not lok like a warrior  going into battle, but like the version of Maya that I hoped she will look one day.    

The door opened than, and Kelly walked in. Let me take this time to discribe more about the people in my life. As I said, there are four titles that will forever be in the queen's or king's service. Kelly is the dark fairy. She will always be in services to my family, for both her and Ky are immortals. Her job is to keep the dark queen up to date. Kelly and I have become best friends over the years. She has long black hair, and black eyes. Her skin is pale and her wings are a dark blue. 

 Ky, on the other hand, has short white hair. Her eyes are a nice shade of grey, and her skin is very taned. Her wings are a bright shade of yellow, and unlike Kelly, she did not us a weapon. Kelly was trained to use a sai. Ky's job is to keep the light side in check. They are sisters, as hard as it is to believe. They look nothing alike, and are very different. 

 Now on to the light and shadow knights. Let me start with how they came to be. Long ago, David said someone need to gurad the light side, since he could not always do it. So he cast some of his powers into a gurad that was loyal to him. One night, David's wife heard that this knight planed to take all of David's power. She saw that light could not live without shadow's there with it, and cast some of her own powers into a knight she thought worthy. She sent him to stop the light knight, creating the shadow knight. The family was born into it, and ever since the children have taken up the title ever since. 

Tason is the light knight. He has blounde hair, and his eyes seem to have no color at all. He is like the brother I ever had, and I'm sure he wishes I was the light princess so I would not be in so much trouble at times. But we cannot change our fates. We just have to live with them.

 Ty is much more trusting of me. I have known him all of my life, and before I was trained, he guraded me. He as long black hair that is always in his eyes that are almost purple. His skin is tan, unlike the rest of the dark court. He is mostly trained to use a knife in battle, and Tason uses a sword for close range fighting. But he really likes useing a bow and arrow in fights. 

 Kelly looked at me, and yelled for joy. "Oh, Lacondra!" she yelled with a smile on her face. "You look like a queen!" 

"I would hope so," I laghed. "I am going to be one someday, so I should look the part. Do I really look good?" 

"Enough to make the the royal blooded willing become the damned!" 

 "Hush! I don't want people to know that! It was a one time thing! It won't happen again."