Chapter Four- The Great Knight

I was still sitting in the garden with Iver's words hunting my thoughts when Ty sat down beside me. Neither of us said a word to the other for a long time. I didn't know if he wanted me to say something or stay silent. He might have been my knight for a long time, but I could never read him like others. He sighed and looked at him with a little hint of a smile in his eyes. 

 "Your Highness," he said to me, "may I ask you a question?"

"You just did," I answered. "Also you never have asked that before, so why now?"

 "Do you think that the Council let you off easy?" he asked, ignoring my own question.

 "No, I do not think that. It was hard enough to get all but Sean to say yes. Why? Is something wrong?"

 "No, I guess not. I just don't want to see another of my queens to be harmed like Gween was, or worse."

 "I will not let anything happen to me Ty. You do not have to worry about me too much."

"It's my job, Lacondra. I must look after you, even if you do not wish me to."

"I know it is, but if the Council is what is scaring you, than I think you might want to take a break. Only one person wishes harm upon my head, and he is no threat to anyone else. Sean will not risk his spot on the Council to get rid of me."

"I know, but I am not overly worried about the Council. It is Agus that I am worried about. He came close to killing you last night. I cannot let that happen!"

 "Calm down Ty," I told him, placing my hand on his shoulder. "It is not befitting to see you this way. I never knew you cared so much for me and my safety."

He was about to speak when Tason came running out to us. He looked shocked about something and the two of us stood. Ty walked over to help him catch his breath and I watched. When he could breath I made him sit on the bench and stood before him.  

"What is the matter Tason?" Ty asked the light knight. He was kneeling beside him with concern on his face. 

"It's one of ours," Tason replied. "He's back!" 

 "Who is back?" I asked. I did not know who he was talking about, and I wished to know. His turned to me and he smiled. 

 "It's your father. He has come back from his trip and has asked to see you. He is in somewhat bad shape. I think you should go see him, my queen." 

 I stood up and left the garden in a hurry. I had to see my father, and I would have even if he had not asked for me. He was one of the knights in the place and the one Gween picked out for my mother. Light and darkness cannot pick who they wed; the other side must. One day I will pick someone out for Maya, and she will do the same for me. Though they do not get to become the light king or dark king. They are chosen to be knights, and my father was nicknamed the Great Knight. 

I was almost to his room when someone pulled me into another hall. I stood facing Ky who looked very crossed with me. 

 "What are you doing here?" she asked very sternly.  

 "I am here to see my father," I told her. What she was up to was beyond me, but I would not let her stand in my way. I tried to walk up, but a blinding light stopped me. I stood trying to block the light, but I could not. 

"I am sorry Lacondra, but he is not allowed to see anyone unless they are called upon." 

"I was called upon by him. Tason came and told me that he was here and wished to see me. Now step aside and let me see my father!" 

 "I cannot do that! Sean has order that the Great Knight be left alone. So you may turn back and go on with whatever it was you were doing, Queen Lacondra."