Chapter Nine- In The Forest

I was still walking when I felt tired. I had been through a lot of streams, monsters, and much more. I just wanted to fall down and sleep. The worst thing, though, was I was barley into the forest. I was in the middle of the trees, and Tam's map was helping much. I saw that if I walked a little bit more, I would come into a village. I would be blessed if I did.  

I could see the buildings from where I stood. They were small and nothing like the castle. I looked at the name on my map and smiled. I knew it very well since Ty invited Gween and I there a few times. It was the town of Har. The people here were kind and wonderful to me. It was Ty's home before he took his father's place as the Shadow Knight. 

Before I walk into the wonderful sight, I heard a roar and turned to see a brown beast running at me. It had tusk on it's nose, and yellow needles along it's back. In the darkness I saw it's blood red eyes glaring at me. The hooves could easily smash me into the ground, but I promised to come back alive. I was not going to let this beast- which is a Tusk- stop me from that. I pulled Nightless out of Star, and dodged the rampaging beast. It stopped and turned back on me. It but it's horns to run my through, but I was not going to be stopped. I once again dodged, but this time it did cut a little of my back. I felt the pain and blood. 

I barely dodged again, but this time I cut it. I saw the deep wound on it's leg, and felt dizzy. My own wound might be little and shallow, but it still hurt and my tiredness did not help. I felt helpless when the Tusk was shot with an arrow. It looked up as did I, and we saw a woman with black hair in a white dress the one who helped me. She called to more men and women, and they all attacked the monster. It was defeated in no time at all. The woman who was the first to help walked over to me and smiled. I know her very while. She was Reba, mother of Ty. 

"Hello My Queen," Reba said with a bow. "Is something the matter for you to be in this forest?" 

"Yes," I told her. We were walking to Har now, and the others were pulling the Tusk to be cooked or buried, one or the other. I explained how Maya was taken and how I was looking for her. I decided to stop here to at least rest, and was grateful for the help. I could have defeated it, but I did not get the chance. We both knew this, but neither her or I said it out loud. 

"That is awful," she sighed when I was done, "and the fact that Agus wishes to kill Elizabeth is even more cold. Do you have any idea where Maya may be?" 

"That is why I am looking. I am almost positive that she is on the dark side, though. If she was in the light, than the light would not be fading." 

"I see. Besides let you rest, is there anything we can do?" 

"A little medicine and bandage would be nice." I had forgotten to grab much of it. I would learn from this mistake. 

"Of course Lacondra." 

Reba showed me a place to sleep, and brought me what I had request. I treated the wound, and went to sleep. When I awoken the next day, I left the small village. I was glad to see them, and they wished me on my way.

I was coming up to a stream with crystal blue water. On the other side was a man dressed in gold. He was crying out in pain, and I saw his leg was trapped in a bottle. I knew who he was. He was Tim, the owner of this stream. He was thirty three years old, and he had a beautiful wife who was visiting her mother. Being the queen of shadows is very useful at times, for I knew this man was on ally.

"Hello," I called to him. He looked up and sighed.

"Help!" he cried to me. "Help me, great Queen Lacondra!"

Tim nearly fell on top of me when I came over and helped him. I twisted and turned the bottle, but that did not work. I tried to hit it with my sword, but stopped when I realized I would take the man's leg too. So in the end I ended up placing shadows in there and the glass broke. He smiled at me, and thanked me.

"Oh," he sighed, "how can I ever repay you?"

"You could give me a few hints on where Agus is," I told him not thinking he knew.

"He is north."

"How do you know?"

"I saw him going north. When I tried to stop him, his daughter placed my leg in that bottle. I have been trapped waiting for someone to come help me. Or my wife."

"Do you think he changed course?"

"If he was going to, do you think he would have had the Death Witch do this to me?"

"You are right. Well, I'm glad I could help, and thank you!"

"But wait!"

"Yes? Is there something else?"

"I want to give you a wish. Let me tell you that I cannot bring Maya back, or can I give away Agus' hiding place, but maybe you would like something else. A boy's love, perhaps? Or maybe a curse you wish undone by another's hand. I can do that, but the time frame I cannot tell. Is there anything?"

"Yes," I thought after some time. I was going to say no, but Father was brought into mind. If Tim could remove his course, than Mother will be even more pleased when I get home. "There is this man who was cursed. Anna turned my Father into a tiger, and I wish him to be back again, to normal. I want him to be human, just like the man he was."

"I can do that," he said. He closed his eyes, and smoke came from his finger tips. There was a flash, and I was still standing there with him. "It will take time, My Queen, but he should be back to his old form by the time you return home."

"Oh thank you! If there is ever anything else you need help with, just come ask me Tim."

"The same to you. Good luck Lacondra!"

I left with a smile on my face. Not only would Maya be back in Mother's arms, but so would Father. His curse will be broken and I would get to see him again. Than I thought about the blue fire Anna used. Tim only used smoke, and I have never seen that happen before. Maybe Tim could not do it, and just lied to make me feel better. Maybe Father was not going to be the same after all. I knew it was possibly, but I did not get my hopes up.

After much breaking trees, avoiding monsters, and getting stuck in a web once, I was in a clearing. I decide to camp out here, and made a fire. I sat by the warmth and wrapped my clock close to me. I was eyes that were most likely not there and got out some food for myself. It was still warm from when I put it in Star, and was gone in seconds. I made a temporary bed and placed my head down to rest. I felt free and useful out here. I was helping man, towns, and everyone I could. When I brought Maya back, than Sean would have to tell me I did a good job. Mother would wrap us in her hugs, and I knew that I was truly blessed to have this family. 

I awoke to a hand on my shoulder. I looked up into the face of Anna. I sat up, but the damn woman pined me to the ground with her magic. I tried my best to fight it, but I could not. She smiled, and knelled beside me. 

"Hello Lacondra," she lightly said. I wanted to slap her, but I could not at the moment. 

"What do you want witch?" I asked, the anger clear in my voice. 

"To talk. That is all." 

"Then speak. I will not have you waste my time; I must find my sister!" 

 "That is what I wanted to talk about. Do you really want to save the light? What has the light done for you besides cause you grief and disspare? For one thing, it is stopping you from being the true dark queen you are and is all your family in. Trying to protect it is what got your past relatives to end up dead in the first place. What if the darkness is gone? I think you should try and work out what you really want? Do you want to live in a world where you cannot feel your father's touch, your anut's voice, all for your mother and sister to be safe? Or would you like everything you want to be yours? Don't be a fool. Join us." 

"Never!" 

"Fine," she said standing up. "I'll tell Father to go through with his plan. Bye Lacondra!" 

She disappeared in the trees leaving me alone again. I got up and continued my way through the bare branches to find my light. I was going to save all those I cared about, and I would stop Agus and Anna; they would not get away with hurting my family. 

Ty to the side.