Changing Will {2}

“Well, look over there,” Sonnet said as we sat at the lunch table the next day.

                I followed her gaze over to the table across the cafeteria from us. And there, my gaze fell upon the pathetic sight of Judeikas Tibbits.

                If there was ever a cliché rich bitch, it was Judeikas Tibbits. Jude grew up as the only son of filthy rich parents. He was genius, cunning, and selfish as all hell. Jude was cruel and held no pity for anyone.

                I had been his target for years. Ever since I was young, Jude had made a hobby of torturing me. He and his two best friends, Nate and Landon, loved to attack me.

                Yea, he was kind of a dick.

                But I found a sick satisfaction in seeing him now. Ever since he had been revealed to Gideon as a cruel bastard, Gideon had despised him.

                Right now, he was sitting with his friends at their table. He looked like the pure image of misery. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days. There was a depressed look in his eyes, and his lips were set into a frown that seemed almost permanent.

                “That’s a sight I could get used to,” I said, grinning.

                Benji glanced at me, the look in his eyes sympathetic. My lips twitched, but I forced the grin to stay on my face. I hated sympathy.

                “Better wipe the grin off your face. Gideon is coming back. You know it’ll upset him to see Jude,” Sonnet said.

                I pouted. “I’m aloud to grin if I want to.”

                Gideon appeared at the table and sat down in his usual seat. He scooted closer to Benji and put his arm around his waist.

                Seeing them happy together made me happy for Benji, but a little jealous as well. I didn’t mean to be jealous, but I had been crushing on Benji. At first I thought it was because he had saved me and been nice to me. But then I had realized that I truly had feelings for him.

                “Are we hanging out at Sonnet’s afterschool?” Benji asked, glancing at Sonnet.

                “Yea, I guess,” Sonnet said with a shrug. “We can watch An American Werewolf In London. My dad just bought it the other day.”

                “Didn’t they make a shitty sequel to that?” I asked.

                “We don’t talk about that Ethan,” Sonnet said.

                “It’s like page 511 of City Of Lost Souls, huh?” I said.

                “Get out of my sight right now. I disown you!” Sonnet said angrily.

                I snickered. “Fangirl.”

                “And proud of it,” she said with a nod.

                “How’s Will?” Benji asked, changing the subject before she killed me.

                “He’s fine. He had a morning class today, and I heard him taking a shower to get ready before I left,” Sonnet said. “Then again, and surprisingly enough, it’s not his morning class he skips. He always skips his afternoon classes.”