Blood Sample

A/N: I apologize for my long absence. It's quite a long story as to why I have seemed to poof off the face of the earth but I am back now with ideas to keeping updating this book. Thank you all for 377 Floptarts. It means so much to me to be this accomplished when I never even expected to get ten followers. Please enjoy this chapter! 

Kid's P.O.V~

"How could this have possibly happened? It's my job to protect her and I failed. I'm a disgrace. I am disgusting. I don't deserve to live. I love (Y/N) so much. How could I have allowed myself to lose her again. What if she's hurt? Or worse? What if she's dead? My love, my darling, my beautiful rose has gone and now I must find her and save her!"

"Now, Kiddo, calm down. I'm sure she is alright. You know how strong (Y/N) is." My father reassured me but to no avail.

"But she doesn't have Dimitri! He has been missing for quite some time now! He could be dead for all we know. (Y/N)'s mother is an evil witch. She's worse than Medusa." I shiver when I say my former enemy's name. I think of poor Crona and how frightened he must be for (Y/N).

My father actually seemed to look quite distraught. I sighed sadly and remembered how fearful I was when I awoke to find that my darling (Y/N) had been stolen from me. Liz and Patty were pacing behind me. They were both anxious to find her and Dimitri. Maka was already searching the city with Soul. She blamed herself for the kidnapping. She had no idea how terrible I felt. I promised (Y/N) that I would protect her and that she would be mine forever. 

"She must be so distraught. There has to be some form of evidence that would lead me to her location.."

"Liz, Patty, we are going to Dimitri's apartment." I wave a quick goodbye to my father who still seemed to be lost in thought. Liz and Patty follow behind me quickly. As soon as I exit the academy I hop onto Beezlebub with Liz and Patty in my hands and fly to the ex home of my lover. 

The door of the apartment is locked tightly. I shoot the handle with Patty and it breaks it easily. Since I am no longer in need of my weapon's assistance they transform. I push open the door of and gaze around the apartment. It's a lot messier since (Y/N) has been here. Various potato chip bags lay on the floor and paintings are crooked. I wince slightly. 

"S-symmetry!!!" As if I'm in a daze the entire living room is cleaned up and made perfectly symmetrical. I take one last look at the room and sigh in relief. I pull out a piece of paper that had been lying on the coffee table and open it. It's a small scribble done by Dimitri. 

"I feel like I'm being watched. I am not quite sure who would be watching but it makes me uncomfortable. Maybe I should tell (Y/N)."

"It appears that Dimitri was aware of his attackers all along. Perhaps I should look in the surrounding area"

I shove the note into my pocket. "Have you two found anything?" I look over at Liz and Patty. Patty is playing with a snow globe while Liz is using  (Y/N)'s makeup. I narrow my eyes and shake my head. "WOULD YOU TWO BE SERIOUS?!?!?!" 

They quickly snap out of it and run over to me frantically.

"What did you find, Kid? Are we going to find (Y/N)?" Liz asks me anxiously as Patty drifts off again.

"I found that Dimitri felt like he was being watched. I feel that if we are able to locate Dimitri we will find (Y/N). I say we explored this streets of Death City for any sign of him or my love"

Liz and Patty nod. I sigh sadly and exit the apartment. I gaze towards the right and I find something that catches my eye. I walk several feet away from the apartment and peer down at the sidewalk. I am shocked at what I find. A small dot of what appears to be black blood is splattered onto the pavement. I narrow my eyes and take a small sample of the black substance into a tube and place it into my pocket. "I need to take this to Stein immediately and have it tested" I mumbled it underneath my breath.

After waiting several hours the results come in and the black substance is just as I expected it to be, black blood. 

"Kid, where did you find this?" Stein pushes his glasses up and stares at me with his hollow eyes. 

"It was on the sidewalk about eighteen feet from Dimitri's apartment. I think it is a clue. But I don't understand why it would be on the sidewalk." I explain my thoughts to him quickly hoping he will have some form of magic answer to help me locate Dimitri and mostly (Y/N).

"I have a theory but I don't think now is the right time to explain it to you. I don't want you jumping to conclusions. I agree with you that the blood is indeed a clue. I suggest taking samples of any kishins in the city. If the samples match then I suggest tracking down that kishin. It may or may not lead you to Dimitri. As of right now, that's your only option. With Maka and Soul helping you along with Black*Star and Tsubaki, it should be easy to find a match. " 

I gaze at Stein for several seconds before sighing and accepting what he has told me. "I just can't be slow about this. If something happens to her I would die. I would go mad myself." 

Stein lights a cigarette and pats my shoulder. "I'd have to dissect you if that happened. Madness is quite entertaining to study"

I look at him in horror and quickly step away from him. "Thank you for the information. It will not be taken lightly. Have a good night, Professor Stein" I quickly head out with Liz and Patty on my heels. 

"What was that all about" Liz questioned referring to me storming out of the room. She didn't hear Stein's last comment about dissecting me. "Nothing, it's fine. We need to head out into the city and begin our search. We have a long night ahead of us." 

Liz groans but follows me as I head into Death City to search for my missing love.