Guests

Your P.O.V~

          There is a faint hum of an air conditioner nearby and I feel cool air hit my sweaty face. My {H/L} {H/C} hair is glued to my face. I am still partially unconscious but I can hear what is happening around me. I am in a daze and not entirely sure where I am at and my memories are taking a while to return. I feel like my entire body is numb. I try to move a finger or a toe or even wiggle my nose but I cannot seem to gain control. I hear voices. They are very faint but they are there. 

"What are they saying?"

          Suddenly all of my memories come back and I force my eyes to open. The first thing I see is a pale white ceiling with flowers on it. It reminds me of my ceiling that I had when I was a little girl. Mother painted them on the ceiling for me when she was first notified by the doctor that she was going to give birth to a baby girl. A small smile tugs at my lips but I hold it back because I remember how my mother turned out and the situation that I am currently stuck in. I can still hear the voices and even though my body is paralyzed for the moment, I move my neck a bit so I can look around.

          I am shocked to find myself right back in the bedroom I was staying in before I left to join the DWMA. Everything is exactly how I had left it. My dresser is in the corner of the room with cartoonish stickers from my childhood all over it. I never bothered to scrape them off. The walls are still a lavender purple color and my curtains are still as black as the night sky. I realize that I am laying on my bed and since I left the sheets have been changed and there is a blanket at the end of it. A wave of memories come crashing down on me and tears threaten to fall from my eyes but I refuse to let them. I will save the crying for later.

"Is this some sick and twisted joke?"

          I hear footsteps approaching my room and before I can close my eyes to conceal that I am awake my mother steps into the room. Her hair is pulled back into a pony tail and a small smile is on her face. She is wearing an apron that has "Sexy little witch" printed on the front. I bit of throw up forms in my throat but I manage to keep it down. 

"Oh, wonderful! My baby girl has awaken just in time for dinner" My mother's voice rang in my ears and I looked at her confused. She paid no attention and she approached me and snapped her fingers. The second she did that I was able to feel my body again and I could move. I quickly jumped out of my bed and put my fists up in a defensive position. Mother froze in place and shook her head.

"You had better not trying anything, sweetie. Your little weapon will pay for any mistakes you make."

          It takes me a moment to process what she just said and then my eyes widen. My heart rate sky rockets and my hands start shaking. I can tell by the expression on mother's face that she is quite pleased with how I am reacting. I cannot get myself to ask what she has done with him. I already know. She has him locked away somewhere to torture if I do anything she does not approve of.  I relax the fists and drop my hands to my sides.

"That's much better." My mother walks across the room and pulls out a frilly pink dress. She sits it on my bed along with a pair of ballet flats and grabs a pink ribbon off of my dresser. I already know what she is going to ask and my stomach twists at the thought.

"You'll look like a perfect doll if you put these on for me. Besides we have guests for dinner and you want to look presentable. Change into this and if you need any help tying the ribbon in your hair just call for me. Please be ready in ten minutes and come out to the kitchen."

          My mother exits the room and closes the door behind her. My eyes dart to the window but my idea quickly falters. I cannot leave or she will harm Dimitri. I bite my lip and collapse on my bed. I have to think of a way out of this. The only solution that I am able to think of is just do as she says until an opportunity comes.

"Kid, I hope you're looking for me. I need you now more than ever and I miss you so much."

          I feel tears fall from my eyes and this time I just let them. I cannot believe that bad things keeping happening to me. I do not understand what I did to deserve any of this. I just want to go home to Kid and have Dimitri be safe and sound in bed at the apartment. I want to laugh with Liz and Patty. I want to go to the library with Maka and beat Soul in the head with a book. I wanna get annoyed at Black*Star and listen to Tsubaki apologize for his ignorant behavior. I just want to go home. 

          After several minutes of sobbing and missing my real home I wipe my tears away and change into the dress. I slip on the flats and then approach the mirror on my dresser and tie the ribbon in my {H/L} hair. I grab a tissue and wipe my face off a bit better and gaze at my hallow face. Dark circles have formed underneath my {E/C} eyes and my skin has grown sickly pale. I gaze at the ghost in the mirror until I hear mother's voice ring into the room. 

"Hurry up, Dear. Your guests are waiting"

          I swallow and take one last look at myself. I am terrified of who my "guests" may be. What if it is Dimitri and she has already harmed him. What if I walk out there and find all of my friends dead? What if she has Kid too? I can feel my anxiety increasing at each passing moment and I suddenly don't want to leave the comfort of my room. I place my shaky hand on the knob of the door and open it. I exit and walk down the familiar dark hallway I used to walk down many times as a young girl. The dining room is just around the hallway. I stop right before I reach the corner and then with a shaky breath I peer around to greet my guests.

*I do not own any Soul Eater characters mentioned in this fanfiction*