Chapter 34: The not so distant future

*10 years later*

I hated hosting meals, mainly because some people were impatient and demanded the food to be ready every five minutes aka Cece. Ever since she was young Cece has been eating large amounts of food to balance out all the weight she looses as she plays football.

Tyler was much more patient and I would much rather if Cece copied his behaviour, but of course that would never happen.

Cece was very rebellious these days, I don't even know how she'll cope in university. I say that but I know she'll probably be one of the most popular girls in university who only befriends boys.

It was quite tense in the household at the moment as I peered at the dinner table, Cece sat next to Landon her new boyfriend, while agitated Tyler sat just opposite her.

Tyler and Landon's eyes were fixed on each other. Wasn't it lovely seeing the current and ex boyfriend in the same room.

I could hardly speak though, Autumn did date Hunter and look how that turned out, we're closer then ever.

Logan sat next to Tyler opposite Autumn and in the middle at the head of the table , sat Mariah.

So quiet and innocent but listening intensely to everyone's conversation.

I came back into the kitchen grabbing the starter meal which was soup. I brought it to the table and set it down. Cece was the first one in.

It was like watching a pig eat food, slobby and horrible to look at. Yet this only made the boys want her more. A girl who doesn't care what anyone thinks is great in their books.

"How's things going with Derek?" I asked Autumn, as she sat texting away. She put her phone on the table.

"We are great, his move into my house couldn't have gone any smoother," Autumn grinned, oh Derek.

Every time I spoke about him I couldn't help but remember how dreamy he was with that David Beckham look and the George cloony charms.

"If you're so great how come he's not here," Logan fiercely piped up. His body tense just talking about Derek.

"He's visiting his sick grandma actually," Autumn hissed back.

"Probably planning on how to run away from you," Autumn glared at Logan. It was seriously a war between these two.

"You are so immature Logan, grow up," Autumn told him. He kissed his teeth and turned to Mariah, giving her his warm smile.

I rolled my eyes these two were just...I turned to Cece she sat looking at her phone. "Cece stop texting, and be more social," I told her. She looked at me then back at her phone.

Not even bothering replying. "Cece stop texting," I repeated. She looked at me again her eyes showing a cold hard stare.

"Actually I'm looking at pictures of Pikachu," my whole body shivered. This girl had never got out of her Pokemon faze, it was pretty creepy how she still loved it.

"Landon you better watch her," I told him with a smile.

"Yes mam," he was a sweet boy but very protective of Cece, it took a long time for him to get to terms that even with Cece and Tylers history they were going to stay bestfriends,

Well, I say bestfriends but things aren't even that great with them. Oh relationship.

I heard the keys for the door, and the front door open. "Honey i'm home," Autumn and I laughed at Hunters cheesy greeting. "I also brought a celebrity," I clapped my hands together.