Chapter 30: Not the final chapter

Brad was taken into custody after being checked by the Doctors. They found him to have relation to my body harm moreover the police informed my family and I they had caught one of the attackers and would now stand trial in a courtroom.

That's where we all were, my family', Autumn, Silvia, Hunter and Brad on the opposing side.

I had to sit next to my lawyer in the front of the court room and the seats weren't even that comfortable.

We rose at the sound of the court bailiff calling the court session was now open. The juror walked down the hallway of the court room and say in his seat.

His eyes were stern and scary I couldn't look at them for too long. We all sat back down when he was seated.

"Good morning all, calling the case of people of England versus Bradley Collins. Are both sides ready?"

After we went through the usual proceedings of agreeing and swearing not to lie, I was taken up near the juror to be questioned.

Brads lawyer looked both terrifying and definitely would get right in and person.

"Miss Milton, please describe where you were and at what you did on the night of the body harm," she gave me a stern look so I gulped. In all actual honest I remembered it like It was yesterday.

"Autumn and I were going to be late home, so we took a shortcut down an alley-,"

"A shortcut you say?" Brads lawyers mouth gave him a scary smirk. "What were you doing taking short cuts at time of night, isn't common sense never."

"You obviously haven't met my parents," I retorted causing a few in the court room to snicker.

"You're right I don't, but miss Milton it was bound to happen," her voice sounded bitter and harsh.

"Objection," my lawyer called.

"Sustained," the judge agreed. "Mrs Light that was unnecessary, please refrain from such words later on," Brads lawyer who only now I find out was mrs light looked up to the judge nodding her head.

"I would like to show you a picture Miss Milton ," mrs light took a picture from her folder and put it in my hand. "What is the picture of Miss Milton?"

I looked at the girl on the picture, her brunette hair trying to cover the cross on her cheek.

"A girl," I responded calmly.

"Thank you Miss Milton, if I could just show you this picture Mr drooch," she said passing the picture of the girl to the judge. "This picture is of a girl named Olivia Teneth, Bradley Collins had dated her and she became a target of a gang attack. Does this picture not resemble Miss Milton uncannily," The judge looked between me and the picture.

"What are you saying Mrs Light?"

"What I'm saying Mr Drooch is that Bradley was not very well, he was obviously missing and hurt therefore even if he did it, we can't blame him for his mental problems," Mrs Light slowly went back to her chair. "that is all your honour," Judge nodded towards Mrs Light before turning his attention to my lawyer.

"Mr Campbell," my lawyer stood up, smiling at me as he made his way over to me.

"Miss Milton can you please tell us how many men there was roughly," I pursed my lips as I tried to remember.

"10, 15 around that number," I told not giving an accurate answer as I didn't really have time to count how many there were.

"Who was with you?"

"Just Autumn," Judge turned his head to the jury.

"As you see, 2 helpless girls up against a gang. Like Mrs Light said it's not their fault it's Miss Milton's right?" He rhetorically asked. "Wrong it's never the victim," turning his attention back to me he came right up to me.