Chapter 11

Mell POV

Its as been two months since Dr.Krishna came with his team and started their treatment on Ericka and they said that they are happy with her response to the treatment. Josh has been there with me every step of the way ,he and Ericka bond so well with each other. She doesn't complain for pain anymore and that makes me happy .Before treatment she only had six months but  base on her response to treatment  the oncologist say she has a bright future ahead.

I was in her room watching her sleep peacefully when a pair if hands wrap around my waist.

"Hey everything is gonna be  fine",Josh told me.

"I know but when she as fully recovered  where will she go? I won't be able to see her every day",I told him.

"You love her don't you",he asked.

"Yes. I wish she was my daughter I would take care if her ",I replied wiping the tears that had fallen from my eyes.

"I love her too and you would have been an excellent mom",he said.

"I have an idea but you might think I'm crazy",he infirmed.

"What is it?"I asked wondering what he was thinking of now.

"You said her relatives were poor and couldn't take care of her ",he said

"Yeah but what are you trying to say",I asked confused.

"You'll be moving into a mansion soon so well have enough space I guess what I'm trying to say is let's adopt Ericka. I've only known her for a short time but she is everything I my daughter to be so let's do it I want to be her father and you will be an awesome mother",her said.

"You would really do that",I asked

"Yes. Anything to make you and Ericka happy",he said smiling from ear to ear.

"Yes. Yes I want to be her mom but what if she doesn't want me to be her mom?"I asked.

"Let's ask her  she waking "he said and made his way towards her bed.

"Hey princess remember me?"he asked.

"Of course silly "Ericka answered.

"Ericka there is something I want to ask please be honest",Josh told her.

"I cross my heart",she  replied.

"Do you like us me and Mell",Josh asked.

"No I don't like you both"she replied making my heart ache but I couldn't force her to like us.

"Its ok  " Josh replied.

"I love you both. I wish you could be my new mommy and daddy"she answered.

"Really. That's the reason  why I asked if you like us we want to make you our daughter"he told her cupping her cheeks.

"But I'm not pretty like before my hair is all gone",she said

I walked over to her and kissed her forehead and told her," You're the most beautiful girl in the world you lost your hair because you were sick and you're getting better so it will grow back".

"I love you mommy and daddy "she said hugging us.

"We love you too angel",Josh and I said.

"Do you want to meet aunt Daniella and uncle Derrick",we asked .

"Yes please can we go now ?",she begged .

Josh took her in his arm and we went towards Dan and Derrick .I knocked in the door when we heard come in we entered.  Ericka jumped out of Josh's hand and ran towards Derrick's bed.