Chapter 24

"I hate police stations." I grumble as I quickly walk away from the depressing building. Roy catches up with me and grabs my hand.

"I know this was hard for you, but I'm proud of you Angel." Roy pulls me in a for a hug and I hold onto him tightly. Right after school we came down to the station to give more information. I felt like a traitor after everything I told them about my encounters with Anthony.

"Well let's see if my mom feels the same way." I announce bitterly as we cross the street.

"Didn't you tell her what happened with Anthony?" Roy asked me concerned.

"Yes, but I'm not comfortable talking to her about me snitching on flesh and blood." I mumble. My uncle is always joking about how we shouldn't snitch.

"Angel you know as well as I do your mom will be proud of you for having this kind of courage." I just grunt in response to Roy's comment. He grabs my arm and pulls me back to him. We have stopped in front of a restaurant.

"Don't brush this off like it's nothing. 'Don't be a snitch' is a dumb campaign to get people to shut their mouths. Don't buy into the crap." He is practically almost yelling at me. I lower my head and take a deep breath. I look back up at him and shrug.

"I guess you're right." I state simply and begin my walk once more. By this simple action I know I have left Roy flabbergasted.

"What no smart comment? No arguing back at all?!" He asks with incredulity. I snicker and continue walking.

"I told you I'm going to try to listen to you more. But you're making it hard because you sound so stupid right now." He is still mumbling to himself about my weird reaction. I quicken my pace and he notices.

"Are you trying to run away from me, Tia?" He laughs behind me as I walk faster. I look over my shoulder and smirk.

"I don't need to go back to the mental institution just because I know you. Now please stop following me sir!" I say loud enough for bystanders to hear. They glance our way with mild concern. Roy throws me a dirty glare.

"And here I was going to ask you to go out of the country with me! You don't even know how to behave in America! I don't know how you will survive in Italy!" He yells out and I stop in my tracks. I turn around and he's about 40 feet away. I see his smirk clear as day on that cocky face of his. I stroll back towards him nonchalantly.

"What was that again?" I ask easily once I get close enough to him. He is looking up at the sky not even acknowledging my presence.I push him over and glances at me smiling broadly.

"I'm going to Sicily, Italy to visit my uncle and he wants to meet you." Roy beams proudly. I frown at the mention of uncle.

"Do you mean the uncle that is the leader of a mafia gang?" I ask with slight fear. Roy scoffs and nods.

"Well yeah, but he's nice. Please come?" He is giving me the cute, sad eyes.

"When is it? It's not now is it?"

"Of course not, why would I visit at the end of September?" Roy teases and I pout.

"Just a thought. So when are you going?"

"For Thanksgiving." His smile broadens as mine becomes flat. He notices this immediately.

"What's wrong?" He asks while grabbing my hands.

"I can't go. A lot of my family are coming for Thanksgiving and I have to be there." I frown and he crosses his arms across his chest with a groan.

"But Angel..." He whines and I silence him.

"There is no way out of this so maybe I can Skype your uncle instead?" I laugh, but he's still clearly disappointed. I grab his hand and walk him home. On the way there he sneezes a few times, but claims that it's just allergies.