Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of...beeping? I thought I turned that stupid alarm off like 3 years ago. I turned over in my bed to grab my phone off the night stand. It was a text from Roy.

It read: Hey babe good morning :)

I smiled at the sweetness, but decided to call him. The phone rang a couple of times before I heard his husky voice.

“Hey I was texting because it’s too early to talk.” He groaned into the phone. I sighed knowing he was right, but frankly I didn’t care.

“Well I don’t like texting unless I have to. And your voice sounds sexy in the morning.” I whispered and he laughed lowly.

“Oh yeah I’m the pervert.” He laughed. I yawned deeply.

“Well go back to sleep I just wanted to tell you that you should come over today. I have some news for you.” He told me while yawning. I perked up. What news?

“What is it?” I heard the curiosity in my own voice.

“I’ll tell you when you get here. Make sure to bring something more...what's the word you use...DRESSY! Yes I remembered!"He yelled triumphantly.

"Well don't you feel proud of yourself." I said sarcastically.

"Oh shut up and just wear something dressy. We’re going out tonight with some people I want you to meet.” He told me. He seemed kind of nervous. It was way too early to be sounding worried.

“Whatever. But I will be coming in sweats and a t-shirt.” I snickered and he sighed deeply.

“Wouldn’t want you any other way Angel. Alright get some sleep. Love you.” He told me. He sounded more awake. I looked at the clock and it was 4:00 a.m.!

“Your crazy self texted me this early!?” I asked astonished.

“In my defense…well really I have no defense.” He gave up and I heard rustling in the background.

“Yeah you don’t. Goodnight.” I snapped and hung up the phone. Why so early in the morning? Why is he even up? I sighed giving up. Thinking this early in the morning gave me a headache. I snuggled back into the covers and drifted off once again.

The next time I woke up it was 10 a.m. At least at this hour I have proof that it's actually morning. I rolled out of bed and did my daily routine. I pulled on some sweats and a t-shirt just like I promised Roy. I ran to my closet and got my duffle bag. Now I need something dressy. I found a red ruffled dress with a black satin bow tied at the waist. That should do. Now for the shoes. I found a pair of black and red flame heels with glitter. Josie got me these and these are the only heels I owned besides the blue ones Mrs. C gave me. Oh well they’ll have to do. Hopefully these people I’m meeting aren’t too important. I threw the clothes in the duffel and opened my jewelry box. I picked up the ruby heart necklace my dad gave me. Perfect.