Chapter 18

I pulled into the driveway of the house and parked my bike near the garage. I took off my helmet and secured it in the crook of my arm. I walked up to the door and rang the bell. The sky was clear, wind blowing, and birds fluttering around, but I was too anxious to notice any of these things. I really didn’t see Roy come behind me and tap my shoulder.

“I do have a key you know.” He chuckled beside me taking out his keys.

“Well open the door then Royce.” I smiled and he moved past me to open the door.

“People these days” He muttered under his breath obviously joking. He opened the door and I walked into the living room. I didn’t hear a single noise that implied anyone was home.

“Is anybody here?” I wondered aloud. I see my favorite couch! Oh it was the comfiest spot in this whole house and it was mine. I flopped down turning on the T.V. Time to take these shoes off! I finally threw them on the floor and Roy looked at me laughing freely.

“Well we’re here now; if you consider us people.” He joked.

“Nice observation Einstein.” I mumbled pulling a cracker from my bag that I saved from breakfast and stuffed it in my mouth. He looked at me in utter amazement. What I was hungry.

“Still feel as if this is your house huh?” He teased sitting next to me on my favorite couch. He’s lucky I don’t feel like pushing him off. Then he has the nerve to swing his legs onto my lap, snatch the remote from my hand, and turn off the T.V.

“Yes this is my house and I will strangle you, put your body in a case, and charge people to watch it decay if you don’t give me my remote.” I growled and glared at him. He glared back at me childishly because he couldn’t stop grinning.

“We will take you to a psychiatrist later. But I thought you wanted to know the secret; not watch SpongeBob.” Roy wiggled his feet into my legs for warmth. He was like a freaking rabbit burrowing in the ground. I glared at him, but it soon diminished and I was left cheesing like a Cheshire cat.

“Tell me!” I shouted happily and the house echoed.

“Breathe Angel.” Roy smirked. I took a deep breathe and then let it all out.

“You may proceed with the story.” Roy’s smile faltered while trying to keep a brave face.

“This may hurt you and before I tell you I want you to know I’ll understand if you’re mad at me. But I’m going to be here if you need comfort.” His eyes were gleaming with sadness and the silence in the house was beginning to suffocate me.

“Go ahead.” I whispered and he began to tell me his secret.

“You know I respect your dad and you do too, but I met a guy name Anthony. He is apart of our rival team, the Hawks. After a practice game we were playing in June; the guy said he wanted to talk to me. We stayed on the field and he started talking about you. That tool called you all kind of names…”Roy growled deep in his throat and his hands were clenched. He took a deep breath before continuing.

“Once I got that lowlife to stop talking crap he ordered me to break up with you. Then, I will admit to this, I popped his straight in his jaw. When that douche finally got the balls to stand up again he…he…” Roy didn’t want to continue. Who is Anthony? His name sounds so familiar. I know a lot of Anthony’s.

“Baby?” I whispered. I don’t know what possessed me to call him that, but he responded. He looked to me and bit his lips unsure.

“Please” I begged and he nodded.

“He told me your dad, Robert, was his dad. I thought he was a brother you never told me about, but then he said your dad didn’t love him as much as he loved you. And he told me he was your half brother. Angel, your dad had another family.” Roy said all of this slowly letting it sink in. How could Anthony tell him! And how dare he command him to break up with me?! A sob racked my body. Roy swung his legs from my lap and pulled me to sit on his lap.