Chapter 8

“So where to?” I asked blatantly swinging our intertwined hands  back and forth.

          “It’s a surprise you cheater.” He joked pulling me towards him. He let go of my hand and I took that as a chance to pull out my camera.

          “How did you sneak that in there?” Roy asked as I pulled out my digital camera.

          “I love taking pictures. You know that.” I was now going on a hunt for somebody to take our picture.

          “Oooh, I found someone.” I told Roy running up to an elderly couple having a stroll.

          “Excuse me but would you mind taking a picture for me?” I interrupted them politely. The couple had the deepest gray eyes. It was kind of intimidating to look at them.

          “Of course darling.” The lady said grabbing my camera with her shaking hand. For a second I thought I was going to have to take it back so she wouldn’t drop it.

          “Roy come on.” I yelled to him and he jogged up to my side.

          “Are you two ready?” The lady asked as we stood in front of a blossoming tree.

          “Yup.” I said. Roy unexpectedly picked me up so I was close to his height. I laughed as my feet dangled above the ground. The light flashed and he gently put me back down.

          “That was a cute picture.” The lady smiled handing back my camera.

          “You make a handsome looking couple.” The guy said and grabbed his wife’s hand. She looked up at him with so much love and trust I smiled to myself. They left hand in hand.

          “Oh thank you!” I yelled to them but they couldn’t hear me. They had already crossed the street.

          “I hope this place is close. I’m getting tired of walking.” I teased. Roy smiled and bent down.

          “Are you serious?”

          “Get on Angel before I change my mind.”

          “Don’t have to tell me twice.” I laughed and climbed onto his back. He stood up and hoisted me up on his back a little more.

          “You alright up there?” He shouted as if I was a million feet in the air.

          “Are you alright down there?” I shouted back and he laughed.

          “I don’t know. We’ll see if I end up dropping you or not.” He teased and continued with our walk down the sidewalk.