Chapter-11

I followed mum into the kitchen, and she shut the door behind her. “George…” She looked up at me and shook her head, yet again. “Olivia’s a nice girl. Why?” I looked down at the ground, but she made me look up at her. “Answer the question, George.”

I was quiet for a few seconds. I really didn’t want to tell her the reason. She would be extremely angry, and when Olivia found out (like she always does), she would most definitely kill me then. “I can’t. I’m sorry, mum.”

But she would take that as an answer. “George, she didn’t deserve this. She was very fond of you. I’ve never seen someone as strong as her, and she started to cry because of you! I’ve always thought of her as a daughter, and it broke my heart to see her like that.”

It wasn’t easy for me to see it either, I wanted to yell. But I kept my mouth shut. “I was being stupid.” I said instead.

She looked at me for a few seconds. “Fine. We’ll talk more about this later. Hopefully then you’ll feel like telling me what I want to know.” And with that, she walked past me. All that was going through my head as I left the kitchen was ‘How did I get away that easily?’

I went straight upstairs to my room to see Fred was sitting on his bed. When I walked in, he smiled. “Well, since you’re alive, I guess you didn’t tell her about the bet.”

The bet. The only reason I started to pay attention to Olivia. It was Lee’s stupid idea. He wanted to get back at Harry for something, and I was the only one near Lee when he had the idea. I had to make her fall in love with me, and in return he would get me a real girlfriend. But then I really got to know Olivia. I told him the bet was off, but he wouldn’t listen. And he sent Angelina my way.

Earlier during the summer Lee somehow set up the date for me and Angelina, and we really hit it off. She was like the complete opposite of Olivia, and I liked the change. I enjoyed how clingy she was. Olivia hadn’t always looked like she needed me. She looked really independent, and I respected that, but I liked a girl who would stay by my side, attached to my arm. And that was what Angelina was like.

So I had thanked Lee, and he got what he wanted. I broke Olivia’s heart. I messed her life up. Just so Lee could have the revenge he wanted. I’m not even sure what Harry did. But I got involved, and now I totally regretted it.

I was disgusting. I didn’t say anything to Fred as I went to the little desk next to my bed. I took out a quill and parchment, and I wrote a letter to Olivia. I ran into the spare bedroom where her stuff was, and I put it into a random bag.

I slowly walked back to my room, and I just plopped down on the bed. Not saying anything, I put my head in my hands. Merlin, I was so stupid making that bet. I looked up at Fred and said quietly, “I’ve made a huge mistake.”

He smiled and stood up. “Well, least you’ve got your sense back.”

***

Olivia’s POV

I’ve been here for three days, and I’ve kept my distance from Draco. It was about lunch time, and Draco was making me a sandwich, when he finally snapped. “Olivia, when you first came here, I thought you were going to give me another chance. But I really have no idea now! Are we going to get back together?”

I stopped pouring myself a glass of orange juice and, sighing, I turned to him. “Draco, I don’t think so. We’re friends. I don’t feel anything else.” I lied. I was still trying to keep my resolve, but honestly, this whole ‘ignoring my feelings’ thing was really hard to do when you were in a house with Draco Malfoy.

He raised his eyebrows and took a step forward. I just turned around and closed the refrigerator door. I felt Draco’s hand on my shoulder, and before I could do anything, he spun me around.

I took a step back when I saw how close he was. Once again, how did he get there so fast without making any noise? He took a few steps forward, until we were really close. So close that my resolve was slowly melting. But I stopped myself before I did something stupid.

He was moving his hands down my arms, and just that was making my breathing quicken. How could I allow myself to have feelings for him again?

Draco got even closer, and I noticed he was started to breathe a little harder, too. He started to trail kisses down my neck, and stopped when he got to my shoulder. “Do you still feel nothing?” he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. But when I spoke, I surprised even myself by how even my voice was.

“I don’t feel anything else, Draco.” He pulled away and looked at me angrily.

“Why are you so damn stubborn?” he asked. I folded my arms across my chest and didn’t say anything. He tilted his head, and he looked like he was thinking of something, and when he took a step forward, I held up my hands.

“Draco, don’t get any ideas.” I warned. But it was too late.

He put both of his hands on either side of my head, so I couldn’t get away. And he kissed me.

It wasn’t like any small little kiss we’ve had before. Hell, this was probably the most intimate kiss I’ve ever had. I’m very ashamed to say that I moaned quietly. I felt him smile, and he ran his arms down my body. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he lifted me up. He moved me so I was sitting on the counter, and he pulled away.

“So, you don’t feel anything else? At all?” he asked, sounding extremely amused. I was breathing hard (and for the record, so was he), and when I looked up at his eyes, I couldn’t help it. I grabbed his collar and pulled him down for another kiss. But he pulled away after a few seconds, much to my annoyance. “Olivia, please. Will you be my girlfriend?”

I smiled and leaned my forehead against his. “Yes Draco, I would like to be you’re girlfriend.”

~~~A/N~~~

Okay, I know. The last chapter sucked. A lot. But hopefully, this chapter made up for it. I need five comments and votes. Thanks for reading! :P