Chapter-9

When I walked out of the flames, I looked around slowly. It was quiet, so quiet that I heard the faint sound of water running, and I saw that the room that I was in was very neat. Everything had a place, and the room was really big. I took a few steps forward, and I heard the water shut off. I started to walk around, admiring the room, when I heard a door open.

I stopped right where I was, afraid of whom that might be. But I relaxed when I saw it was Draco. He walked out with jeans on, but no shirt. I felt my cheeks get hot and I looked down quickly, and I heard someone taking a step closer to me.

“Olivia?” I looked up, but stepped back when I saw that he was right in front of me. How did he get there so fast? “What are you doing here?”

I looked down again, shuffling my feet. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking. I had to leave the Weasley’s house, and I made a snap decision of coming here. I didn’t mean to come uninvited.” I took a step back, and Draco took a step forward.

“Olivia, you’re always welcomed here. Have you decided to come to the World Cup with us instead?” he asked, taking my hand. I nodded and he hugged me, forgetting that he didn’t have a shirt on. He pulled back, and I was ashamed to say that I was sad that he did so. He leaned down slightly, so he was eye length with me, and asked the one thing I wished he wouldn’t bring up. “Why did you have to leave the Weasley’s?”

I looked away, feeling the tears start to come back. And I knew that if I started to cry, it would be hard to stop. But as I looked back at Draco, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to hide anything from him. “George cheated on me. With Angelina Johnson.”

Draco’s POV

I always thought that the Weasley’s were pretty dumb, but George, he’s just plain stupid. I watched as Olivia’s beautiful green eyes filled with unshed tears, and I hugged her again, but this time it lasted a lot longer. She started to cry silently against my shoulder, and I realized I still didn’t have a shirt on. I slowly guided her to the couch, and when she sat down, I quickly slipped my shirt on and sat next to her.

“He’s just an idiot.” I said through tightly clenched teeth. She nodded slightly, wiping away her tears. But they were quickly replaced with more. I leaned forward and wiped them away, just looking at her the whole time. She leaned in lightly, and I could feel her hot breathe against my face. I slowly inched forward, and she closed her eyes.

I got so close to kissing her (you wouldn’t believe how much I wanted to kiss her), when we heard someone clear their throat in the doorway. I cursed silently and Olivia’s eyes shot open. She leaned back, her face as red as a cherry. I turned toward the doorway as Olivia looked down in embarrassment. I glared at my father as he walked in. Acting as if he hadn’t just ruined something I have been dreaming about for nearly a year, he sat across from us and sat down. “And who is this?” he asked, gesturing to Olivia. Well, who else would he be talking about?

“Father, this is Olivia.” I said, glancing at her. She was looking at me, almost, apologetically? I was going to ask later, but right now, we had a problem. My father. “We still have the extra ticket to the World Cup, right?” I asked.

He nodded, and then looked back to Olivia. “I’m guessing you’re coming with us?”

She looked like she was going to nod, but instead said quietly, “Yes, sir.”

“And I understand that you’re going to be staying with us until school starts up again?” he asked, looking between us.

“Yes father, she’s going to be staying with us for two weeks.” Olivia looked over at me, but I ignored her.

Father nodded and just sat there for a few more seconds, and then he stood up and left. And just like that, we were alone again. Olivia shook her head and stood up. “Draco, I feel like I’m taking advantage of your hospitality. I can’t stay that long!”

I also stood up. I stepped up to her and smiled. “It’s not taking advantage when you’re invited. You can stay as long as you like. Like I said earlier, you’re always welcomed here. Always. If you’re uncomfortable here, I’ll try my best to make you feel welcomed. But if you need to leave, I’m not going to upset you by holding you here against your will.”

Olivia looked at me gratefully. “Thank you.” she said quietly. I nodded, and looked around.

“So where are your bags?” I asked, and she looked back to the fire.

“They’re still at the Weasley’s. I’ll send an owl to Mrs. Weasley. She’ll send them.” She glanced up at me, and she just looked so… sad. I stepped up again so now we were only a few inches apart.

I cupped her face in my hands. “It’s alright, Olivia. You don’t have to think about hem here. I’ll make sure you’ll have a fun summer break.”

She smiled slightly, and all I wanted to do was kiss her, but I didn’t think that would help anything. But apparently, Olivia had different plans. She leaned up and kissed me. I was shocked, so I didn’t do anything. She pulled back and looked down to the ground. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking.” she said, repeating the words she had said earlier. But I wasn’t going to let her think I didn’t like how bold she was.

So I kissed her. I kept my eyes open, but she closed hers. And I am proud to say that when I pulled away, she could only look at my lips. I smiled, and she looked up at my eyes finally. “I changed my mind. I’m not letting you leave.” I whispered. She smiled as I sat down, pulling her onto my lap.

 ~~~A/N~~~

You know the drill!