12

Authors P.O.V
Mackenzie's friends had asked Melissa if they could come over, of course she said yes. They all walked to the room they knew was hers.

Ellie's eyes would well up with tears, James would bite his lip and prevent them from streaming down his face, Jamie had a frown on her face the whole time, Josh would stare around with sad eyes, Luke well Luke- he felt terrible.

He wished he was there to save Kenzie, to hold her tight and tell her she was okay. But he couldn't. That made him feel worse. They all walked around the room, that's when Josh lifted up Mackenzie's mattress slightly to find The Outsiders.

Josh laughed, a real genuine laugh. "Mackenzie was such a book worm." He said, his voice slightly rusty, the other laughed. Luke had grabbed the book and opened it, a few papers coming out. He bent down and grabbed the two pieces of papers. He opened the papers and saw a picture. One was a quote, another was a picture. A picture of all six of them, the girls were riding the boys backs. They had gone out that day. To have fun.

Flashback-
All six of them were running around the street, spraying each other with water guns and laughing.

Thats what all seemed to matter that day, happiness and having fun.

Mackenzie was actually having fun, the smile and crinkles by her eyes would never leave her face. She was happy that day.

"Guys let's take a picture!" Jamie yelled, they all agreed. The boys groaned at first but they agreed afterwards.

"What should we do?" Josh asked, that's when Ellie jumped on his back, Jamie jumped on James, and well-

"You guys are all tall! How am I supposed to jump on Lukes!" Mackenzie said, laughing at the end along with the other. The phone was already on and they had ten seconds. Mackenzie quickly jumped on as the picture snapped the picture, but they all fell at the end. They all laughed, and then they heard an 'Get out of the road!' And they all quickly ran, laughing. No one got hurt luckily.

At the end of the day, they stared at the stars, pointing some stars out.

"Guys will be always be best friends?" Ellie said taking out her pinky finger. Mackenzie seemed nervous, no one knew why.

"What if once of us- well moves?" Mackenzie said, Ellie smiled.

"Still." They all locked fingers.

-
They all realized why Mackenzie had said that, and that broke them even more. They moved onto the quote.

There comes a day where turning the page is the best decision for you because you realize there's so much more to the page you were stuck in. ♡

It was written in Mackenzie's hand writing. They all stared at the quote. A little small paper slipped out of the two pages, Luke quickly grabbed it and read it out loud.

*If there comes a day where I do commit suicide, don't cry over me. Turn the page. Please.- Kenzie ♡*

We all looked at each other and huddled in a circle, hugging each other, a sigh escaped some of their lips, a shaky breath out of others.

"Are we ready?" James said with no confidence.

"I don't know- but we will get through this, together." Luke said, holding out his pinky. They all locked pinkies, there was still a spot for Mackenzie. It felt like she never left but she did. She stayed in the friendship forever. Even if she didn't come back.

Did I mention-

It's been a year and a half since Mackenzie committed suicide?

/-/-/-/-/-/
whoops. this is not the last chapter. hehe. Comment feedback and vote please! ♡