8

Mackenzie's P.O.V
I ran through the crowded hallway of children, why did Luke have to run? I silently groan as my feet get tired from all this running. I don't even bother going to science, I knew Luke was going to skip it. I hid in the janitors closet until the bell rang. But when I turned around I saw Luke. There was an awkward silence. I sat on the floor next to Luke, this is awkward. "It's just a crush, you'll get over it" I finally said, he'll get over it. "Yeah, just uhm hormones?" He said more like a question. "Ew" I said, getting grossed out at getting the talk. He chuckled. "So, we're good?" He said, I nodded.

"So. Luke being a badass and skipping class!" I said, with sarcasm and a grin. "Ugh, I'm going to get in a lot of trouble" he said, I sighed and grabbed his binder. I took out his agenda and wrote a fake pass. I handed him his stuff and told him to leave. He smiled, got up, and left. I made sure the door was shut and I groaned. Why did he have to like me? I thought we thought of each other as siblings.

I curled up into a ball. Why am I happy he likes me though? I can't like Luke! I just have this butterfly feeling in my stomach thinking of him liking me. But then again, I'm telling myself I don't like him. I rested my head on the wall and stared at the ceiling. Why was life so hard?

I just wanted friends who thought of each other of siblings because I barely see my sibling. Maddie is always out of Pittsburgh and I never see her. It was easier when I was younger, I got to see her everyday and we were in the same school. She would give me pep talks even if they weren't the best, I loved talking to her. But I can't do that anymore, she's always out of Pittsburgh or with Kalani or Kendall. I really just want to spend time with my sister. Yeah, we fight. But doesn't every sibling?

Don't get started on my mom. She totally favors Maddie and always has. Yeah she stood up, crowd, and clapped when I won first place, but everyone knew that was fake. Especially when I heard them, and my mom said Maddie deserved to win. I'm a Ziegler too, why can't I beat Maddie sometimes? I sighed and I started rubbing my eyes.

I was getting really tired. I realized the cuts on my arms were in full view, I hoped Luke didn't see him. I didn't tell him yet and I'm not planning too. I decided to take a quick nap, I put an alarm of 25 minutes. I got into a comfortable position, even though there was barley a comfortable position. I then slowly drifted to sleep. But I didn't get to sleep since the bell rang, I groaned and turned off the alarm.

I got up and decided to skip school. I left the janitors office and went outside. I dribbled the soccer ball, kicked it on the goal, played with my hair, face timed Bryn and that's what I did until it was time to go home. I looked at the time and it was time that the last bell rang signaling it was time for going home. I quickly went inside school and my locker. I took out my book bag and stuffed my stuff inside. I put my book bag on and waited for Luke in the same spot I always do, outside. James is staying after school for some club. Luke finally came out.

We started walking home. "Did I make our relationship awkward?" Luke asked, looking at his shoes. "No! Just because you have a small crush doesn't matter. You'll get over it" I said, but I was sure he would stop liking me.

Hopefully.

"Yeah I will. On another note, four more months of school!" He yelled out the last sentence, I faked smile. I would be home-school in seventh grade and we were going to LA in the summer. We would be staying there for a long period of time.

"Yeah. I can't wait for summer!" I said, faking being enthusiastic. He grinned and we finally stopped at my house.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I said, he nodded and walked to his house. I let out a shaky breath and I walked inside my house. I threw my book bag on the floor and slid down the door, and put my head in my hands. Why was life so hard? I finally stopped regretting all my decisions and ran upstairs and got ready for dance.

At Dance

I was at the top of the pyramid! Abby congratulated me and I got another solo! It was lyrical, I had to put as much feeling and energy in this dance. It was Maddie's 'Cry' solo.

Abby started tearing up as I did the dance, I knew it was because it brought her memories of Maddie's solo not because of my dancing.

There was no yelling from Abby that day, and to be honest.

I hated it.

That means I would be turning into a Maddie. I didn't want to be Maddie, I was already being compared to her.

I sat in the car staring at the seat in front of me. I don't remember one time when I was ever born a Maddie.

I don't want to be Maddie, I want to be me. . . Mackenzie Ziegler.

Let's be honest, when was I ever Mackenzie?

-/-/-/-
Sorry for the late upload! VV Late Upload! I'm so sorry, I just had a bit of writers block for this story. But I'm alright now and I will try to update faster and sooner. Almost 200 reads! Woooooo

Thank you guys so much for sticking with me and voting.

Please vote and leave some feedback! By my beautiful readers! <3

BTW: IM SO SAD MADDIE AND MACKENZIE ARE LEAVING DANCE MOMS )): IM GONNA MISS THEM SO MUCH! It's not gonna be the same without them at all ): I shed a few tears.

Who's watching season finale and the last episode they are on this Tuesday?

I am!

Okay bye lovelies!