15

Authors P.O.V
The Zeigler couldn't bare to see MacKenzie dead. They didn't do a funeral, they couldn't.

They got a lot of hate for it, but they didn't care. They needed a new life.

A new start.

"Maddie! Do you have everything?" Melissa scratchy voice ran through the house. Maddie was looking around in Mackenzie's room. She couldn't get over the fact that Mackenzie died.

"Yeah." Her soft, fragile voice said. She wiped the single tear that was able to escape her eyes.

Maddie walked down the steps slowly, meeting her mom at end will all their luggage. The house looked so empty, she hated it. She bit her lip as she started to help put all their suit cases in the car. They were moving from their home in Pittsburgh. It reminded them to much of Mackenzie, they were moving to a small town in Long Island, New York. They hoped to start a new chapter in their lives.

They finally loaded their car, with the last batch of their things. They had been back and forth, putting all their things in the new home for the past few days. Maddie sighed as she looked at the house once more.

"Mackenzie, I love you." She whispered, before plugging in her ear buds and letting them take her away. She got in the passenger seat of the car.

"Ready?" Melissa said, Maddie bit her lip as she looked back at the house once more. She slowly nodded. Her mom began to drive, the house becoming smaller and smaller as they drove farther.

I love you Kenzie.

/-/-/-/-/-/
That Is The Short Ending To 'Was'! Thank you so much for reading the book! I have an idea for the sequel (if I make one) I'm still not sure if I should make it!

Please comment of what you think and vote! I love feedback! Thank you so much for reading this book! I love you guys so much! Bye lovelies ♡!