14

Author's P.O.V
Maddie sat next to her sisters bed. Her jaw was clenched, as her body trembled. She was starting to lose hope. She bit her lip as tears brimmed to her eyes. She hated seeing Mackenzie in this state.

"Mackenzie. P-please wake up." She said, she gulped as she got no reaction. She swallowed the lump in her throat. Everything was blurry. Maddie had this terrible feeling in her stomach, as if something would happen. She hoped and hoped that this was all a dream. That she would wake up and Mackenzie would be alone in her room, as usual.

"Mackenzie, I know I've been a sucky sister. I know I haven't treated you like I should. I know that I should've granted the times we spent together. I know I didn't, I hate myself for it. Please, just wake up." She said, her voice cracking.

She got no response. Her hands went to hide her face, as tears ran down her cheeks. She felt broken. So broken. The girls had been comforting her even though they were breaking too.

Maddie never thought she'd suffer so much pain. She had pink tears stains on her cheeks and her blue eyes held sadness and grief. She felt sorrow.

"P-please." She stuttered swallowing the lump in her throat.

"I've never felt so broken without you. Even between the fights, the argument, and all the times I'd ignore you. You were my best friend, you treated me with so much trust. I never did though, I was a terrible sister and I still am!" She sobbed, as tears brimmed to her eyes.

"You probably hate me. Don't you? I love you Mackenzie. I will alway-" She had been cut off by the sound she dreaded to hear.

The heart monitor went flatline. She didn't realize how it had been slowing down as she spoke to her dead sister.

"Mackenzie! Mackenzie!" Maddie yelled, getting up. She started to shake her gently as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Wake up! No you can't die!" She yelled, sobbing. Doctors rushed in, Melissa as well. Everything was blurry. Maddie was being pulled out of the room as she sobbed and screamed.

"No! I love you Kenzie! I love you!" Maddie yelled, before being engulfed into a hug from her mom. The door was slammed shut.

"Cardiac arrest!" Maddie faintly heard.

She sobbed, and sobbed.

"Mackenzie, please-" she was cut off by a sob escaping her lips.

A doctor left the room and sighed as she looked at the pair.

"Mackenzie Zeigler passed away on July 17th 2016, at 8:17 P.M." She said, and with that she walked away. She didn't want to see the mother-daughter in pain.

The two never felt the amount of pain they were feeling right now. It was as if all the color left their world.

Mackenzie.

She's gone. Maddie bit her lip as she cried more.

"Mackenzie, I love you." She whispered, as they left the hospital.

/-/-/-/-/
whoops. thinking about the sequel, I have an idea for it tho. Please vote and comment! Bye lovelies!