Chapter 19

Sweet as Venom

Chapter 19

Gabriella's Point of view

I woke up being refreshed and for the first time in I didn't know how long I wasn't worried. I opened my eyes and remembered I was Saxon's room. I sat bolted right up in bed. Saxon wasn't in the bed. I threw the blankets back and climbed out.

He was laying on the couch, sound asleep. His arm under his head and I noticed now the bandage around his upper thigh. My eyes widened. What had happened to him?

I was tempted to wake him up and ask but I knew I should let him sleep. I should go get changed and seeing it was early not many people would be up by now.

I pulled my jeans on and buttoned them up. Saxon and I still had a lot to talk about but right now. I needed fresh clothes and to find Leigh. If Saxon has told him, then he would be furious at me and I didn't want my brother to be mad with me. I hated fighting with him.

I cracked the door open and checked left and right for anyone and coast was clear. I walked out, down the hall, down the stairs into the bar. No one was here.

Thank god.

--

I twisted the door knob to the cottage and walked in. Fresh clothes and then I was finding Leigh. He would most likely still be asleep.

"Finally."

"Oh my god!" I shouted, being scared to death. "Leigh what are you doing in here?"

He cocked his head to the side. "Waiting for you obviously."

"How long have you been here for?" I closed the door.

"Since I shot Saxon."

"YOU WHAT!"

"You fucking slept with him." He pointed a cigarette at me. "You are fucking pregnant because of him!"

"Still, that doesn't mean you go around shooting people! So your first reaction to being told was to shoot him?"

"I wanted to kill him. You are young Gabs, you have your whole life ahead of you. You aren't getting tied down here with him."

I crossed my arms. Suddenly I was the wrong with anger issues. "I'll do what I want."

"No you won't." Leigh stood up. "You are going to pack your shit and get on the next train out of here. You won't be spending your life with that man."

"That man is Saxon Leigh! You know him. You know he is good."

"He's fucking dangerous." Leigh spat.

"And you're not!"

"I'm your brother. I'll always put you first, which is what I'm doing now." Leigh handed me and empty suitcase. "Pack your shit."

"You can't make me go."

"You either pack or I will. But I can tell you now, come nine oclock you will be on that train heading out of here. After from Saxon and away from this type of life."

"I want this life!"

"No you don't."

"You want this life!"

He scoffed. "I'm different. And a man. Do you really think Saxon is going to be there when the baby comes? The club comes first Gabs. Always has. Always will. You don't deserve to be second. And if you have this kid, he deserves to have a dad that will be around. Now pack."

Tears swelled up in my eyes and I looked down at the empty suitcase. I guess I really didn't have a choice. Leigh had always done what is best for me. And right now he was doing what he thought was best for me. My heart was telling me to stay. But Leigh was telling me to go. And now I was stuck in the middle. What did I do?