Chapter 4

Chapter 4

They say you come back from mistakes. That life is simply a series of events and experiences that build you into the person you will one day be. I was never one to be insightful. Living on the farm, with my head in books- sure I wished for more.

But I was happy there. In my bubble.

Now that bubble had popped and reality wasn't my friend.

I had walked I don't know how many miles back to the clubhouse. My feet were sore, my head hurt and it was dark. To top that off at any minute it was about to start pouring down with rain. You could smell it in the air, that fresh enchanting smell of the coming rain.

I unclipped the gate and slid into the empty lot.

Saxon still hadn't asked me for advice on his books yet. Which kind of surprised me, seeing as he was putting a lot of out lay to keep me here.

"You're late back."

I froze mid step, slowly turning back around. I hadn't even seen him sitting on the picnic bench. Kind of wish he had just kept his words to himself and let me pass unnoticed.

"I'm not in the mood Leigh." I turned my back to him and kept walking.

I knew that if I had to breathe the same air as him for longer than a minute- we were going to end up fighting.

Wasn't in the mood for a fight. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him either.

"You can't just walk off and ignore me."

I kept walking, hitting the dirt track. I could walk away from him and I was gunna. He could just face reality like I had too. You don't always get what you want.

"You know I can just follow you right?"

I rolled my eyes but kept my head forward, now that the cottage was in sight. Great another night on the floor. I doubted that Saxon had time to go pick up my bed, let alone put the shit together. Did I expect him to put it together after paying for it? No. Which meant my dipstick of a brother would have got the job and he was as lazy and as slow as sloth.

So yes. I highly doubt that I would be sleeping on a bed tonight.

I fiddled with the keys to the cottage, only to find it unlocked.

"You gunna tell me what is going on between you and Saxon?"

I flung around. "Would you just piss off Leigh? I'm not in the mood to talk to you and I really can't stand to look at you. So. Go. Away."

"You run away from home, and you got the cheek to be mad with me." He pointed an unlit cigarette at me.

Huffing I threw the door open and walked in, nearly tripping over a couch. Well it turns out Saxon did organise for my stuff to be picked up and by the freshly made bed, it had also organised for it to be put together.

Why? Was my only question. Why did he care if I slept on the floor or on a bed?

"Gabriella look at me!"

I dropped my bag on the couch and turned around to stare at my brother. Why had I looked up to him all these years? Why did his visits always fill a whole in my chest since mum passed? WHY did I let HIM become an important part of my life? When I so clearly wasn't to his.

"Fine Leigh. I'm looking at you, what do you want?"

"Why did Saxon buy you all this junk?"

"Because it's his cottage."