Chapter 18

Sweet as Venom

Chapter 18

Gabriella's Point of View

I should go in. But I was frozen- on the foot path just staring at the community health sign. I had made the decision, so I really should follow through. I hadn't come to it easy. But I knew I couldn't have the baby by myself.

I was about to walk in when I heard it. Turning my head and shielding my eyes from the sun- my stomach dropped.

The black Harley was hurling down the street- clearly not doing the speed limit. You couldn't see the detailed paint job, but I knew it was there. Saxon wasn't wearing a helmet. Only sunglasses. His black leathers were dirty and his big thick leather boots with buckles on them, walked towards me.

I gulped.

He knew.

He totally knew.

He pushed his sunglasses up into his messy shot black hair, and his black eyes were on me. He was standing in front of me before I could even move- and for the second time today I was frozen on the spot.

Saxon's hand wrapped around my bicep and he pulled me across the road. My heart was pounding. My skin was sweaty. God he knew.

We came to a stop out front of an alley way. Private away from the ears of the café and away from the community health centre.

"You wanna start explaining?" His words sliced through my nerves.

I pulled out of his grasp but his grip only tightened.

"Now Gabriella."

I was freaking out and I was sure it was showing all over my face. "I well I guess I um should tell you I'm pregnant." I stared at the ground. I couldn't look him in the eye right now.

"I know that much. Who's the father?"

That snapped me back into reality and suddenly I wasn't that shy. My eyes bounced up to meet his and the anger I felt was uncontrollable.

"What do you take me for! Believe it or not Saxon I don't just sleep with anyone. You were an exception." Did he think I just slept with anyone and everyone! How dare he! After I caught him with another woman only days after we broke up.

His eyes hardened. "So I'm the father."

"What do you want a blood test." I attempted to pull my arm from his grasp again, but again failed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" While his eyes were hard as they stared down at me, his words were covered in hurt.

"I attempted too but you were busy." I forced out. Why did I have to explain myself?

"So that's why you came to my room the other day." He said it more to himself then to me. As if it was a puzzle his been trying to figure out for weeks.

"It doesn't matter I've made my mind up." I looked him squarely in the eyes. "And you don't get a say."

Something switched in him. "Like fuck I don't. This isn't something that is all up to you Gabriella this is my kid too."

"So you suddenly want to be a parent do you?"

"I'm already a parent."

"Baby sitting grown ass men compared to changing nappies is different."

"I love you Gabriella."

"Right. Was that you loving me when you were fucking that other woman. Because if it was, I'll pass."